Learn how to draw a great looking Pacman Pixel Art with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Pacman Pixel Art.
Have you ever played Pacman? You can play Pacman any time with the help of this interactive Google Doodle from 2010.
You can also learn how to draw Pacman pixel art. You'll shade boxes on a grid to achieve this classic video game art style.
What is Pac-man? He is the main character of "an action maze chase video game" in which he gobbles up dots while avoiding the ghosts Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Clyde.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Pacman is well suited to the pixel art style due to his simple form. After all, he was originally designed for early, highly pixelated game displays used in arcades and home video game systems like Atari during the 1980s.
Did you know? Despite the fact that Pacman is a very old game, some surveys have shown that 94 percent of Americans recognize the character.
In 2010, Pacman was named the Most Recognized Video Game Character by Guinness World Records.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Pacman Pixel Art
How to Draw a Great Looking Pacman Pixel Art for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin to outline the circular shape. Start with a row of six squares at the top. Diagonally from one side, draw two sets of two squares and a single square.
Easy Pacman Pixel Art Drawing - Step 2
2. Frow the single square, shade two columns of two squares, and a column of six squares.
Easy Pacman Pixel Art Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue shading the circular outline of the character. Use vertical and horizontal pairs of squares as well as single squares, all connected at the corners.
Easy Pacman Pixel Art Drawing - Step 4
4. Shade blocks to create the bottom of the circle. Use segments of two and six blocks, connected at the corners.
Easy Pacman Pixel Art Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue the shape of the circle with segments of two blocks and single blocks, connected at the corners. Then, begin outlining the open mouth. Use segments of two blocks slanted on the opposite diagonal.
Easy Pacman Pixel Art Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue to create the open mouth by connecting segments of two blocks each. At the corner of the mouth, switch the direction of the diagonal to begin tracing the top of the open mouth.
Easy Pacman Pixel Art Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue connected segments of two blocks each at the corners to create the top of the open mouth. At the tip of the lip, switch to a vertical segment to begin tracing the circular face.
Add More Details to Your Pacman Pixel Art Picture - Step 8
8. Finish inclosing the circular shape of Pacman by connecting single blocks and two-block segments at their corners.
Complete the Outline of Your Pacman Pixel Art Drawing - Step 9
9. Inside the circle, just above the open mouth, outline a fat plus ("+") shape.
Inside it, use an "L" shaped line to enclose a "V" shaped segment of three blocks. This is the character's eye. Shade the larger portion of the shape, but leave the "V" unshaded.
Color Your Pacman Pixel Art Drawing
Color your pixel art cartoon of Pacman. He is usually bright yellow.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pacman Pixel Art Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).