Learn how to draw a great looking Crescent Moon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Crescent Moon.
Have you ever looked up at the night sky and wondered how to draw a crescent moon?
Follow our step-by-step drawing guide for kids and beginners to learn how to draw a crescent moon in no time at all.
Even if you’re a complete beginner — or if you don’t think you’re good at drawing — this step-by-step drawing guide will help you get started with ease.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker and a sheet of paper.
You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Easy Crescent Moon Drawing: Simple Step by Step Directions
How to Draw a Great Looking Crescent Moon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long curved line. It should be shaped like a circle, but the circle must remain incomplete. It is not fully enclosed.
Easy Crescent Moon Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line from the top of the line, forming a sharp point. This outlines the top of the crescent moon.
Easy Crescent Moon Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line of from the other end of the original line, again forming a sharp point.
Easy Crescent Moon Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of curved lines to outline the face of the crescent moon. Notice the bulges of the brow, nose, and lips. The moon is now fully enclosed.
Easy Crescent Moon Drawing - Step 5
5. Behind the outline of the brow, use curved lines to enclose a sharply pointed, curved shape. This forms the moon’s eyebrow.
Easy Crescent Moon Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw the eye. Use three curved lines to enclose a roughly triangular shape. Draw a curved line above the eye to form the eyelid, and a curved line within the eye to enclose the circular shape of the pupil. Shade the pupil, leaving a bit uncolored to represent the eye’s “sparkle.”
Easy Crescent Moon Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a curved line to represent the moon’s nostril, and another for the mouth. Draw small dots at the back of the crescent to give the moon a mottled texture.
Add More Details to Your Crescent Moon Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to texture the crescent, extending the dots and circles to the pointed tips.
Complete the Outline of Your Crescent Moon Drawing - Step 9
9. Fill the sky with five-pointed stars.
Color Your Crescent Moon Drawing
Color your crescent moon.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Crescent Moon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).