Learn how to draw a great looking Pancakes with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Pancakes drawing.
Pancakes, griddle cakes, hot cakes, flapjacks. These flat, slightly sweetened breakfast pastries are known by many names.
The concept of fried flatbread is an ancient one - "archaeological evidence suggests that pancakes were probably the earliest and most widespread cereal food eaten in prehistoric societies."
In many areas, such as Europe and North America, pancakes are considered a breakfast food. They usually contain or are topped with sweet ingredients, including maple syrup, chocolate chips, or fruit.
In many parts of the world, however, pancakes are a savory dish that may be stuffed with meat or eaten with soup or salad.
Pancakes may be used in art to represent breakfast or an outdoorsy, lumberjack lifestyle. Pancakes themselves may also become art - "pancake art" is the name of an art form in which a "pancake pen" is used to draw with the batter, forming an image.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The popular Shopkins line of children's toys also features several pancake themed characters, including Pamela Pancake, Pancake Jake, and Berry Sweet Pancakes.
Would you like to draw a fresh stack of pancakes? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
You may also wish to color your finished drawing using crayons, colored pencils, or markers.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Pancakes
How to Draw a Great Looking Pancakes for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. This will outline the top of the first pancake.
Easy Pancakes Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a long, curved line beneath the oval, connected to it on each side. The line should follow the outline of the oval. This forms the side of the pancake, giving it a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Pancakes Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long, curved line beneath the pancake, slightly offset from the first. Connect it to the pancake on each side. This forms the top of a second pancake. Then, draw another long, curved line from one side of this shape to the other, outlining the side of the pancake.
Easy Pancakes Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another curved line beneath the second pancake, outlining the top of a third pancake. Draw another long, curved line from one side of this shape to the other, forming the side of the pancake.
Easy Pancakes Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the top of yet another pancake at the bottom of the stack, this one slightly larger than the previous. Use another curved line to enclose the side of the pancake.
Easy Pancakes Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw syrup drizzled on the pancake. Begin by drawing an oval shape on top of the uppermost pancake, leaving the bottom portion open. From each side of the open space, draw a curved line down across the stacked cakes. Notice how it curves back and forth as it crosses each cake. Allow one of the lines to arch widely, enclosing a puddle of syrup beneath the cakes. Then, double the lines back upon themselves until they reach the top cake. Use a curved line to connect them, fully enclosing the syrup.
Easy Pancakes Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase the guide lines from the syrup.
Add More Details to Your Pancakes Picture - Step 8
8. Draw short, curved lines to add texture to the syrup. Follow the curvature of the syrup as it flows down the pancakes.
Complete the Outline of Your Pancakes Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a dollop of butter on top of the pancakes. Sketch a rounded, four-sided shape on top of the syrup. Extend short lines downward from the three nearest corners, and connect these lines with additional curved lines.
Color Your Pancakes Drawing
10. Color your pancakes. Both the cakes and syrup are typically seen in shades of golden brown and tan. Butter is usually yellow in color.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Easy to Draw Ideas Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pancakes Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).