Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Cake with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Cake.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy cartoon cake? This food-themed drawing tutorial is here to help you master the easy cartoon cake outline.
Donkey was right when he said everybody loves cake. Various types of cakes - by definition, sweetened breads - are found all over the world.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Layer cakes like the one in this illustration are especially popular across Europe and North America and have been for hundreds of years.
Wedding cakes are one example of this. Though various cakes and pies have been served at weddings since ancient times, the modern wedding cake made its debut at the wedding of Prince Leopold of Britain in 1882. Wedding cakes are often tiered and decorated with flowers.
The cake in our illustration also has a candle on top. This is common on birthday cakes around the world.
The celebrant may be invited to blow out the candles and make a wish. This might be traced to candles honoring the goddess Artemis in ancient Greece.
Whatever the occasion, it's time to sketch a tasty cake and enjoy a slice!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Cake
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Cake for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy cartoon cake outline by drawing a pair of straight, vertical, parallel lines. These will form the sides of the base layer of the cake.
Easy Easy Cartoon Cake Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line connecting the vertical lines at the top. This forms the top of the cake layer, but keep in mind that you'll be erasing part of this line to make way for more layers.
Easy Easy Cartoon Cake Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line connecting the vertical lines at the bottom, fully enclosing the base layer of the cake.
Easy Easy Cartoon Cake Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line across the top of the cake. It will give the top of the cake a three-dimensional, rounded appearance. Note that this line doesn't connect to the edges of the outline.
Easy Easy Cartoon Cake Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a large oval surrounding the bottom of the cake. This is the plate, platter, or cake stand on which the cake is resting.
Easy Easy Cartoon Cake Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a series of scalloped, wide "U" shaped lines across the top of the cake. This indicates the icing and decorations. Note that the lines follow a larger line/smaller line pattern.
Easy Easy Cartoon Cake Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two more layers of cake, erasing as necessary. First, draw two parallel lines, connected at the bottom by a curved line. Connect the lines at the top using a series of "U" shaped lines.
Above this layer, draw two more parallel vertical lines, and connect them at the bottom using a curved line. At the top, connect the vertical lines using a series of large and small "U" shaped lines.
Then, finish off the top of the cake with a curved line.
Connect the sides of the middle layer to the bottom of the top layer with curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Cake Picture - Step 8
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Cake Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy cartoon cake outline by drawing a candle on top, erasing as necessary. Use straight lines for the sides of the candle, and connect them with a curved line at the bottom.
Then, use curved lines to enclose the melting wax at the top. Draw a teardrop shape within a larger teardrop shape to indicate the flame.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Cake Drawing
Color your simple tiered cake. Wedding cakes are often white, but your cake can be any color you wish!
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Step-by-Step Things to draw Drawing Guides post.
Easy Cartoon Cake Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).