Learn how to draw a great looking Pants with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Pants.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
The terms pants, trousers, trousers, or slacks, refer to lower body garments that are "divided into sections to cover each leg separately."
Some ancient equestrian peoples wore such bifurcated garments. In Europe, they were called breeches, knickerbockers, or pantaloons. In the households of nobles, young boys wore gowns until they were "breeched," or dressed in pants for the first time. This was usually a part of childhood, but at least one prince wore dresses until his twenties.
In some cultures, women have been wearing different types of pants for thousands of years. But in the West, this clothing style was reserved for men. During the 1800s, attempts to introduce women's pants - bloomers that were worn beneath shorter dresses - were rejected. Later, women could wear pants while playing some sports. During the first and second World Wars, women wore pants when performing jobs usually done by men. Before long, pants became acceptable for women in leisure and business settings.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Blue jeans, also called denims or dungarees, remain one of the most popular types of pants. They were invented in the United States during the 1800s to serve as durable work clothes. Today, they are an enduring fashion symbol.
Would you like to draw a pair of cartoon pants? This easy, step-by-step cartoon clothing drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Shirt, Jeans, and Shoe.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Pants
How to Draw a Great Looking Pants for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. First, let's learn to draw pants from a frontal view. Start with a long, curved line that seems to outline three sides of a narrow horizontal rectangle. This forms the waistband.
Easy Pants Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a curved line from one side of the waistband towards the middle. Double it back upon itself, forming rectangular corners in the process. Draw a vertical line to complete this rounded square. Then, extend a pair of curved lines from the opposite side to meet the square.
Easy Pants Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, outline the legs. Extend long curved lines from each side of the waistband. Draw a curved line at the bottom of each. From these, extend curved lines to meet at a point. Above this point, draw a curved line and an "L" shaped line. This forms the fly or zipper of the pants.
Easy Pants Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a circle in the middle of the waistband to indicate the button. On each side of the waistband, sketch a curved rectangle, erasing as necessary, to form the belt loops. Beneath these, draw a pair of curved lines from the waistband to the side of the pants to indicate the pockets.
Easy Pants Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, let's draw a back view of the blue jeans. Sketch a curved, narrow rectangle to form the waistband.
Easy Pants Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw curved rectangles across the waistband, erasing as necessary, to indicate the belt loops.
Easy Pants Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend long curved lines from each side of the waistband to outline the legs. Draw a curved line at the bottom of each leg, and connect them using long curved lines that meet at a point. Above this point, draw a curved vertical line to indicate the seam.
Add More Details to Your Pants Picture - Step 8
8. Draw two narrow pentagons beneath the waistband to indicate the pocket flaps. Draw a line parallel to the top of each and a circular button at the tip.
Complete the Outline of Your Pants Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines to contour wrinkles in the fabric, especially at the knees.
Color Your Pants Drawing
Color your cartoon pants. In our illustration, we've shaded them like denim blue jeans.
Who wears the pants in your house? Learn to draw him or her.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pants Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).