Learn how to draw a great looking Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles drawing.
Raphael, or Raph for short, is the most temperamental of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT). He is sarcastic, short-tempered, and aggressive. His anger centers around the fact that he and his family are essentially alone in the world. He speaks with a recognizable Brooklyn accent.
Raphael is second in command among the TMNT. He spars at times with the group's leader, his older brother Leonardo. In some instances, he has even usurped his leadership. In 2011, Raphael earned a place among IGN's Top 100 Comic Book Heroes, an honor not shared with any of his brothers.
Did you know? Raphael, like his brothers, is named after a Renaissance artist. Raphael was a famous Italian painter of the sixteenth century. Raphael was given this name by Splinter, his teacher and adoptive father.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Raphael of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? This easy, step-by-step superhero drawing guide is here to save the day. All you will need is a sheet of paper and a pen, pencil, marker, or crayon.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
How to Draw a Great Looking Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line to form the side of Raphael's face, cheek, and chin.
Easy Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the curved line to form the other side of the face, completely enclosing the head.
Easy Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a pair of curved lines across the top of the face to form the mask. Notice that the lumps on the top and bottom of the mask extend in opposite directions. Use curved lines to enclose irregular shapes at the side of the mask, indicating where it is tied.
Easy Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a pair of curved lines beneath the head, forming the torso.
Easy Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing - Step 5
5. Between the tips of the previously drawn lines, draw a circle within a circle. Write the letter "R" inside it, forming Raphael's belt buckle. Draw the belt using a pair of curved lines between the buckle and the sides of the torso. Enclose two square shapes beneath the buckle, indicating the ends of the tied belt.
Easy Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a pair of curved lines below the belt. Connect them by drawing two curved shapes, forming the tops of the legs. Then, detail the torso. Draw several overlapping curved shapes, then place a line down the middle. In turtle anatomy, this is called the carapace, the underside of the shell. As a humanoid, it resembles abdominal muscles.
Easy Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to enclose Raphael's feet.
Add More Details to Your Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Raphael's arms. Each arm is composed of three curved shapes - the shoulder, the wristband, and the hand. In each draw a sai, Raphael's dagger-like weapon. First, enclose a triangular shape in the palm, banded at the bottom. This is the tsuka, or handle. Use two "U" shaped lines to enclose the yoku, or side guard prongs. Finally, use two straight lines that meet at a sharp point to form the central moto blade.
Complete the Outline of Your Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Raphael's face. Use curved lines to craft his angry mouth. Draw loosely "S" shaped lines within the mask to indicate his furrowed brow, then enclose three oval shapes beneath it, one inside the other, to indicate the eyes.
Color Your Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing
Color Raphael. He wears a red mask.
Discover plenty of other superheroes and villains among our cartoon and comic book character drawing guides.
Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).