Learn how to draw a great looking Rick from Rick and Morty with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Rick from Rick and Morty.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Sometimes science is more art than science, Morty. A lot of people don't get that."
- Rick from Rick and Morty
Rick and Morty is an animated series that appears on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. The plot centers around "a super scientists and his not-so-bright" 14-year-old grandson, who get into plenty of trouble as they explore the universe.
Rick Sanchez is your typical mad scientist archetype. He is from dimension C-137. He is also grumpy, bad-tempered, and self-centered. He shows no remorse when he has to harm others to succeed, and it is not uncommon for him to be the cause of intergalactic conflicts.
His catchphrase, "Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub" means "I am in great pain. Please help me," in a fictional language created for the series.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? The series got its start as a short parody of Back to the Future that was created for a film festival. The short was entitled The Real Adventures of Doc and Mharti.
Some episodes pay homage to these roots with visual "easter eggs."
Would you like to draw Rick from Cartoon Network's Rick and Morty? If so, this easy, step-by-step drawing guide is here to help. Grab a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper, and you're ready to go.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Ice King from Fortnite, Drift from Fortnite, and Steve from Minecraft.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Rick from Rick and Morty
How to Draw a Great Looking Rick from Rick and Morty for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Rick's head. Use long curved lines to form the top and bottom of the oval-shaped head. Then, connect these lines using small "C" shaped lines, forming the ear and side of the frown.
Easy Rick from Rick and Morty Drawing - Step 2
2. Detail Rick's face, erasing guide lines as necessary. Draw two large circles to form the eyes. Place a dot in the center of each circle to indicate the pupil. Use a "U" shaped line to form the nose. Draw a curved line to form the frowning mouth, and enclose the corner with a small "C" shaped line.
Easy Rick from Rick and Morty Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Rick's frowning eyebrows. Above the eyes, draw a set of parallel "U" shaped lines. Connect them on the ends with a curved line.
Easy Rick from Rick and Morty Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Rick's hair. Beginning at the back of the head, use short, nearly straight lines. Connect them to one another at triangular points. Notice how the shape of the hair is larger at some points than at others.
Easy Rick from Rick and Morty Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Rick's lab coat. Use a curved line to enclose the neck just below the head. From the neck, extend two long, curved lines. Allow these to overlap with an additional set of long lines. Allow the lines to curl in a "J" shape at the bottom.
Easy Rick from Rick and Morty Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the collar of the lab coat. Use short lines to enclose four triangle shapes just below the neck.
Easy Rick from Rick and Morty Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the sleeves of the coat. On the far side, use a long curved line to enclose the squared shape of the shoulder and the arm. On the remaining side, extend a pair of "V" shaped lines to form the arm. Enclose the end by drawing the irregular shape of the hand.
Add More Details to Your Rick from Rick and Morty Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Rick's legs. The bottom portion of his body is formed by an incomplete half circle. Draw the belt using three rectangular shapes of different sizes. Then, extend two pairs of straight lines to form the legs. Enclose them at the bottom with short, straight lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Rick from Rick and Morty Drawing - Step 9
9. Extend another, narrower set of parallel lines from the bottom of each pant leg, forming the ankles. Then, sketch an irregular trapezoid at the bottom of each to indicate the shoes.
Color Your Rick from Rick and Morty Drawing
Color Rick. He typically wears a white lab coat and brown pants. Then, check out our full selection of character drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Rick from Rick and Morty Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).