Learn how to draw a great looking Santa Claus with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Santa Claus.
If Santa Claus is coming to town, you can get ready with the help of this easy, step-by-step Santa Claus drawing guide.
This Santa Claus drawing is perfect for beginners who don't have much experience drawing people. Look for the blue lines added in each step.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Have an eraser ready, as well as red markers or colored pencils to shade Santa's clothing in this traditional color.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Santa Claus
How to Draw a Great Looking Santa Claus for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon Santa Claus outline by drawing his eyes. For each eye, draw a small oval with a smaller circle inside. Shade between the shapes. Then, enclose a teardrop shape above each eye to indicate the eyebrows.
Easy Santa Claus Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a circle between the eyes to form the nose. Then, use curved lines that meet at points to enclose two teardrop shapes connected to it. This is Santa’s mustache. Use curved lines to enclose the mouth and tongue.
Easy Santa Claus Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to enclose a peanut or potato shape around the face. This encloses the head and beard.
Easy Santa Claus Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw an oval shape around the top of the head, and allow it to continue to the nose. Then, use curved lines to enclose the ears on each side of the head.
Easy Santa Claus Drawing - Step 5
5. Enclose a partial circle beside one ear. Extend a curved line from it to the other side of the head, forming the Santa hat drawing. Then, extend curved lines downward from each side of the beard, outlining the torso.
Easy Santa Claus Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two round-cornered squares on the torso, one inside the other. This is the belt buckle. Extend a pair of straight lines on each side of the buckle to enclose the belt. Then, draw a narrow, curved rectangle at the bottom of the torso, forming the trim.
Easy Santa Claus Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Santa’s upraised arm. Draw a rounded rectangle, and connect it to the body with two lines. Then, use two overlapping curved lines to sketch the mitten.
Add More Details to Your Santa Claus Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Santa’s remaining arm against his side. Enclose a partial curved rectangle, then use curved lines to enclose the sleeve above and the mitten below it.
Complete the Outline of Your Santa Claus Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw Santa’s legs. First, draw a straight, vertical line below the torso. Then, use curved lines to enclose three layers of irregular curved shapes on both sides of the line.
Color Your Santa Claus Drawing
Your Santa outline is now complete. Color your cartoon of Santa Claus. Since the 1880s, he has been depicted with a white beard, rosy cheeks, and a red suit trimmed in white fur.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Santa Claus Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).