Learn how to draw a great looking SpongeBob SquarePants with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect SpongeBob SquarePants.
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? You know his name! Now, you can learn how to draw SpongeBob Squarepants with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing guide.
SpongeBob is an easy character to draw because you can break him down into simple shapes. His head is basically a square, and his body consists of rectangles. The collar of his shirt and his tie are triangles and diamonds. His eyes and pores are circles and ovals. Then, you can finish out the details with curved lines.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If you enjoyed this tutorial, you can try your hand at all the denizens of Bikini Bottom. Draw Patrick Star, SpongeBob's best friend. And complete this Squidward Tentacles drawing to include their reluctant friend and neighbor.
You can even draw a pineapple for Spongebob to live in!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing SpongeBob Squarepants
How to Draw a Great Looking SpongeBob SquarePants for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the SpongeBob Squarepants outline by drawing his eyes. Start with a "U" shaped line for the nose. Above it, enclose the circle shapes of the large eyes. Then, draw two successively smaller circles inside the eyes.
Shade the smallest circles to indicate the pupils. Then, draw three straight lines above each eye to indicate eyelashes.
Easy SpongeBob SquarePants Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, use curved lines for the smiling mouth, cheeks, and lower lip. Enclose the two rectangular teeth below the mouth.
Easy SpongeBob SquarePants Drawing - Step 3
3. Begin outlining SpongeBob's head. Use a wavy line to trace two sides of the square.
Easy SpongeBob SquarePants Drawing - Step 4
4. Finish outlining SpongeBob's head using the wavy line.
Easy SpongeBob SquarePants Drawing - Step 5
5. Detail SpongeBob's face with oval-shaped pores of various sizes. Then, use straight lines to outline the triangle shapes of his shirt collar and the tie knot beneath his head, as well as the diamond-shaped tie below the knot.
On each side of the head, enclose partial half-circles to form his shoulders and shirt sleeves.
Easy SpongeBob SquarePants Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose his rectangular torso, and draw a horizontal line across it to separate the shirt from the pants. Draw more oval-shaped pores on his face.
Easy SpongeBob SquarePants Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw narrow rectangles across the top of the pants to indicate the belt. Then, enclose rounded rectangle shapes below the torso to form the pants legs and SpongeBob's legs. Band the legs with curved lines to indicate the tops of the socks.
Afterward, use curved lines to enclose the irregular round shapes of the shoes.
Add More Details to Your SpongeBob SquarePants Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to draw SpongeBob's arm and waving hand.
Complete the Outline of Your SpongeBob SquarePants Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw SpongeBob's remaining arm and hand.
Color Your SpongeBob SquarePants Drawing
Your cartoon SpongeBob Squarepants outline is now complete. Color the sponge yellow. He wears a white shirt, brown pants, a red tie, and black shoes.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
SpongeBob SquarePants Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).