Learn how to draw a great looking Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants.
Squidward is a supporting character in the animated series Spongebob Squarepants and its associated films. He works as a cashier at the Krusty Krab while dreaming of a life as an artist or clarinet player. Arrogant, bitter, and dissatisfied, Spongebob and Patrick don't notice his animosity towards them but instead consider him a friend.
One of the show's writers described Squidward as "the most human character" and therefore the most relatable.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Although his name includes the word "squid," Squidward has only six arms, not the eight arms and two tentacles (totaling ten) as do squid. He is more similar to the octopus, which effectively has six arms and two legs.
Would you like to draw Squidward? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, crayon, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants
How to Draw a Great Looking Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line like a sideways letter "C." This forms the top of Squidward's head.
Easy Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw an oval beneath the "C" shaped line. Then, use curved lines to enclose an irregular shape on each side of it. This forms Squidward's large nose and laughing mouth.
Easy Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line inside the mouth, parallel to the exterior line. This distinguishes Squidward's lips from the open mouth.
Easy Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two upside-down "U" shaped lines. Connect the ends using curved lines. Draw a curved line partially across the bottom of the shape. This forms Squidward's eyelids.
Easy Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend three short lines downward from the eyelids. Connect them at the bottom using curved lines. These shapes form Squidward's eys.
Easy Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a circle inside each eye, indicating the pupil. Then, draw wavy lines across the top of the head, forming Squidward's furrowed brow. Detail the head further by drawing small circles and ovals on either side of the lines.
Easy Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Drawing - Step 7
7. Begin to draw Squidward's body. Extend a pair of lines downward from the head to form the neck. Draw curved triangles on each side of the neck to indicate the collar of the shirt. Then, use curved lines to sketch the rectangular shapes of the body and sleeve of the shirt. From the sleeve, extend a pair of curved lines. Loop them in an "S" shape to form Squidward's tentacle. Draw small circles on the palm to indicate suckers.
Add More Details to Your Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to sketch Squidward's tongue and upper teeth inside the mouth. Enclose a rectangular shape to form the remaining shirt sleeve. Draw a pair of curved lines in a backward "S" shape to form the remaining tentacle, including circular suckers on the hand.
Complete the Outline of Your Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw Squidward's lower body. Use curved lines to enclose the circular abdomen. Then, extend three curved lines to outline the leg-like tentacles. Enclose the foot-like tentacle ends using curved lines. Draw circular suckers on the nearest tentacles.
Color Your Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Drawing
Color Squidward. He is typically bluish-gray in color and wears a brown shirt.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Best Drawing Ideas Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).