Learn how to draw a great looking Sully from Monsters, Inc. with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Sully from Monsters, Inc..
Sully is one of the main characters from the cartoon film "Monsters, Inc." In this film, Sully and his best friend Mike Wazowski work at a business that creates energy by capturing the screams of frightened children.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can use this guide to draw Sully at home with your favorite crayons, markers, paints or colored pencils.
If you don't have exactly the right shade, try blending colors together to get the perfect shades of purple and teal.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Sully from Monsters, Inc.
How to Draw a Great Looking Sully from Monsters, Inc. for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Near the top of the page, draw an oblong shape that resembles a lemon.
Draw a similar shape to the left that's about half the size, then sketch two circles inside each shape. Add two more circles and fill them in to make the pupils.
For the nose, sketch a loose triangle shape with a rounded top. Draw the same shape pointing downward, then use curved lines to connect the two triangles. Use curved lines for the mouth and a few accents.
Easy Sully from Monsters, Inc. Drawing - Step 2
2. Use rough, squiggly lines to draw "hills" over the eyes to form the eyebrows. Draw one line pointing toward the left eye, then sketch a curved line pointing down and use more sketchy lines to create the fur.
Use more dashed, pointy lines to create the jaw, then add another set of lines for the top of the head.
Easy Sully from Monsters, Inc. Drawing - Step 3
3. For the left shoulder, draw a series of curved, pointed lines like porcupine quills. Repeat the process with larger, thicker shapes on the right.
Sketch another set of lines for the side of the head. To make the left horn, draw a loose C-shape with a sharp point at the end.
For the right horn, sketch a triangle pointing to the right, then draw two lines inside this shape to complete the horn.
Easy Sully from Monsters, Inc. Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a large loop to make the thumb. Sketch a curved line that trails downward, then draw three more loops like thick sausages.
Make sure the loops overlap. Use small triangles with round bases for the claws. Draw a narrow S-shape to complete the hand, then use another curved line for the arm.
Easy Sully from Monsters, Inc. Drawing - Step 5
5. Broadly sketch a series of dashed, pointed lines to make the body. Use a similar process for the elbow, then add two curved lines to complete the arm and wrist.
Easy Sully from Monsters, Inc. Drawing - Step 6
6. On the right side of the body, draw a diagonal line pointing to the left. Draw more diagonal lines until you get to the hand, then use thick loops for the fingers.
Add small triangles for the claws. Sketch two curves for the arm, and use broad strokes for the fur at the elbow. Lightly sketch more fur on the opposite side of the arm.
Easy Sully from Monsters, Inc. Drawing - Step 7
7. Use the same sharp, jagged lines to create the fur around the legs. Draw a narrow, tapering shape near the base of the body to create the tail.
Add More Details to Your Sully from Monsters, Inc. Picture - Step 8
8. For the left toes, make thick, noodle-like shapes that look like sausages. Use two large triangles to make the claws.
On the right, draw three loose circles that overlap each other. Draw three oblong shapes with pointed ends like chocolate chips for the claws.
Use more rounded triangle shapes to make the spikes on the tail. On the arm, use jagged zigzag lines to make the patches of fur.
Complete the Outline of Your Sully from Monsters, Inc. Drawing - Step 9
9. Repeat the last instruction from 8 on different parts of the body to create multiple patches of fur.
Color Your Sully from Monsters, Inc. Drawing
Congratulations! You now have a cartoon Sully from Monsters, Inc. Color the fur with teal, then use purple for the patches. Use brown for the claws and tan for the horns.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sully from Monsters, Inc. Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).