Learn how to draw a great looking The Cerberus with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect The Cerberus.
This cartoon Cerberus is friendly, but he'll also guard you against intruders. The black outline and dark colors make your Cerberus look threatening to anyone who enters your room without permission.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Use a pencil for the initial sketch, then pick up a black pen or marker for the outline. Erase the extra pencil lines to make your drawing look professional.
Afterward, color your drawing with markers, gel pens, colored pencils, crayons, watercolors or oil pastels.
See also, Drawing a Wolf Head Tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Cerberus
How to Draw a Great Looking The Cerberus for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start with a backward C-shape near the top of the page. Draw a parallel line underneath, then add a wide rounded triangle for the nose.
Sketch two curves on either side of the nose, and draw dots inside this area. For the eyes, start with curved hook-like shapes, then sketch loops underneath. Add another line between the eyes.
Easy The Cerberus Drawing - Step 2
2. Inside the mouth, use squiggly lines like hills for the teeth. Add a heart shape for the tongue with another heart shape behind it.
Draw a curve on the right side of the head, add a triangle, then loosely sketch a line around the facial features to complete the head.
Easy The Cerberus Drawing - Step 3
3. Add another triangle for the left ear. Sketch lines around the face, then draw two more lines for the neck.
On the right, start with a line that points downward, make a triangle, draw a square shape, carry the line to the left and draw a loose hook shape underneath.
Next, draw an oblong shape for the nose. Make sure it overlaps the snout. Add an elongated S-shape for the left eye with a curve underneath, then draw lines around the eye to add depth.
Easy The Cerberus Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch more hill shapes for the teeth. Add two curves for the tongue to make a peach shape, then use curved lines for the jaw. Use curves and dots to complete the snout.
Easy The Cerberus Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two triangles for the ears, and add more curved lines to complete the head.
On the left, start with a curved line, make a loop, then take the line down into a bigger loop. Add a nose that overlaps this shape. Use more curved lines for the eyes.
Easy The Cerberus Drawing - Step 6
6. Sketch loose triangles for the ears, then add a curved line to connect the left head to the rest of the body. Draw another curved line for the right side of the jaw.
Sketch lines for the underside of the jaw and the neck. To draw the mouth, start with a loopy shape like an S lying on its side. Use triangles for the teeth, then sketch lines and dots around the snout.
Easy The Cerberus Drawing - Step 7
7. Make a large curved line that points upward in the middle to start the body. For the left line, draw a straight vertical line, then add a parallel line an inch away. Bring the line upward for an upside-down L-shape.
Draw three round shapes for the toes, then add overlapping triangles. Sketch curved lines throughout the body for the muscles.
Add More Details to Your The Cerberus Picture - Step 8
8. For the left leg, sketch two straight lines, then make a loop at the bottom. Add two overlapping triangles for the claws.
On the right, sketch a curved line that leads down into a straight vertical line. Draw a large curve and a parallel vertical line on the left.
Sketch a line for the bottom of the foot, then add more overlapping triangles on the toes.
Complete the Outline of Your The Cerberus Drawing - Step 9
9. To draw the tail, make a large S-shape with an arrow at the end. Complete the left leg with a line that trails downward, then add another claw.
Use a line that dips in the middle and leads to a horizontal line for the back leg. Draw two more claws. Now that you've completed your cartoon hellhound, outline the entire drawing with a black pen.
Color Your The Cerberus Drawing
To color your cartoon Cerberus, use dark grey for the body and light grey for the snout. Add yellow for the eyes and dark pinkish-red for the mouths.
For more great Dog drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy Dog Art Projects for Kids post.
For more easy, cartoony drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Tutorials for Drawing Adorable Cartoons.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Drawing Tutorials to Help You Draw Dogs Step-by-Step page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
The Cerberus Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).