Learn how to draw a great looking Toad from Mario with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Toad from Mario.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Toad is one of the most popular characters from the Super Mario Bros. franchise. This friendly cartoon character has a vest, short arms and a head that looks like a mushroom.
He makes several appearances in the Super Mario Bros. video games, cartoons and comic books.
There are different types of Toads, but this cartoon character usually assists Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach on their journeys. Most people think that Toad wears a Mushroom hat, but Nintendo has revealed that his head is actually shaped like a mushroom.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
There are many different types of Toads in Mushroom Kingdom. Some Toads are simply called "Toad," but others have names like Toadbert or Captain Toad.
If you like this cartoon character, this step-by-step tutorial will teach you how to draw your very own Toad at home. To get started, gather your favorite drawing supplies.
You can use just about anything to color your Toad, including paint, colored pencils, crayons, pens and markers. Just make sure you use a pencil first so you can erase any mistakes that you make along the way.
Most Toads have pale skin, blue vests and white-and-red mushroom heads. When you complete your drawing, you could color your picture so it's just like the Toad in the video games.
You could also use different colors to make your very own Toad character. You're the artist--you can do whatever you want.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Super Mario, Bowser from Super Mario Bros, and Luigi from Super Mario Bros.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Toad from Mario
How to Draw a Great Looking Toad from Mario for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw a loose half-circle shape with a curved top in the center of the page.
Easy Toad from Mario Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two small ovals inside this shape to make the eyes. Draw smaller ovals to make the pupils, then fill in the rest of the shapes. Sketch a half-circle near the bottom of the head and connect it with a slightly curved line. Add another curved line inside this shape to make the tongue.
Easy Toad from Mario Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a large circle behind the head. Make sure the head overlaps the front of the circle.
Easy Toad from Mario Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a round circle in the middle of this shape with two curved lines on the sides.
Easy Toad from Mario Drawing - Step 5
5. On the left, make two L-shapes that are slightly curved instead of straight. Connect the shapes with a curved line, then draw another line pointing upward. On the other side, draw two more L-shapes and connect them with a curved line. Draw a straight line that connects this shape to the head.
Easy Toad from Mario Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a half-circle with two straight lines extending outward to make the left arm. Use a series of loops to draw the fingers.
Easy Toad from Mario Drawing - Step 7
7. For the right arm, make two slightly curved lines and draw more loops to make the fingers. To make it more realistic, make sure the loops overlap each other slightly.
Add More Details to Your Toad from Mario Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a round half-circle to make the bottom half of the body, then sketch a curved line in the middle of the vest.
Complete the Outline of Your Toad from Mario Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw two oblong shapes at the bottom to make the shoes. The shape on the left should be more circular while the shape on the right should be similar to an oval. This gives the drawing some perspective.
Outline your drawing with a black pen and erase the extra lines.
Color Your Toad from Mario Drawing
To color the drawing, use tan for the chest, arms and face. Use yellow and blue for the vest and dark brown for the shoes.
Color the mouth and the spots on the mushrooms with red. The eyes are black with white spots that reflect the light. You can use light grey to shade the white part of the mushroom and the bottom half of the body.
Congratulations--you've just drawn Toad from Mario!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Toad from Mario Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).