Learn how to draw a great looking Umbreon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Umbreon drawing.
Umbreon is a dark type Generation II Pokémon. It is one of the many evolutionary forms of the foxlike Eevee. Eevee may evolve into Umbreon if it has high friendship stats and is trained either at night or alongside a Moon Shard. Umbreon is also referred to as the Moonlight Pokémon.
Umbreon is doglike in appearance, with long legs, ears, and tail. It is rare in the wild, more often found in urban areas and under human care. Umbreon hide in the darkness, and use their glowing yellow rings to frighten opponents.
Umbreon can also produce a poisonous sweat. Umbreon are known for their ability to heal and protect themselves and others in their group. Moonlight can also cause their fur to glow and give them additional abilities.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? Umbreon's Japanese name means "blacky," describing its dark coloration. Umbreon has appeared in Pokémon movies and television series, as well as the collectible card game, video games, clothing and accessories, and toys. Its image is popular alongside its "brothers," such as Espeon, Jolteon, and Flareon.
Would you like to draw the elusive Umbreon? This easy, step-by-step Pokémon drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Umbreon, I choose you!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Umbreon
Umbreon Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle to form Umbreon's head. Then, extend two curved lines downward from the side of the circle. Let the lines meet in a point, outlining Umbreon's snout.
Umbreon Drawing - Step 2
2. Beneath the head, enclose an irregular shape. Use a long, curved line, and double it back upon itself. This forms Umbreon's neck and body. Notice the two bulges on the bottom of the figure that represent the shoulder and hips.
Umbreon Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Umbreon's front legs. For each leg, extend two roughly parallel curved lines downward from the body. Notice how the lines curve at different angles, representing different positions of the legs. Use a curved line to connect the leg lines, enclosing the paw. Use short, curved lines to differentiate the toes.
Umbreon Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the rear leg. Use long, curved lines to outline the leg. Notice the rounded shape of the hip and upper leg. Connect the leg lines using a curved line, enclosing the foot. Separate the toes using short, curved lines.
Umbreon Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the remaining rear leg, outlining it with a pair of curved lines. Draw the foot and toes using short, curved lines.
Umbreon Drawing - Step 6
6. Erase guide lines from the body and head.
Umbreon Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch in Umbreon's long, foxlike ears. Use two long, curved lines for each, and let them meet in a point. Draw the upright tail in a similar fashion.
Umbreon Drawing - Step 8
8. Band the ears and tail. Use two parallel curved lines for each. Then, draw spots on Umbreon's face, shoulder, and hip. For each spot, enclose a small oval within a larger oval.
Umbreon Drawing - Step 9
9. Sketch in Umbreon's large eyes. Enclose the shape of each eye using two curved lines. The lines should meet in points on each end. Within each eye, draw a small oval within a larger oval to form the iris and pupil. Denote the nose using a small mark at the end of the snout.
Complete Umbreon Drawing
Color your Umbreon. Umbreon is black with red eyes, yellow spots, and yellow stripes.
Are you training to be the next great Pokémon master? Don't just catch 'em all - draw them all, using our simple drawing guides. You'll find Poké balls, Pikachu, Mew, Eevee, Charmander, Charizard, and many others among our cartoon characters drawing guides.
For more great Pokemon drawing tutorials, see the 18 Simple Pokemon Drawing Ideas post.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).