Learn how to draw a great looking Pikachu with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Pikachu.
Pikachu, I choose you! If Pika is always on your team of six, you've come to the right place. Learn to draw him with the help of this easy, step-by-step Pikachu drawing guide.
Pikachu is a great drawing for beginners. He is mostly made from simple curved lines. You will also use straight lines to create the zigzag edges of his lightning bolt-shaped tail and circles for his eyes and rosy cheeks.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If you enjoyed this Pokémon drawing guide, try your hand at this cute chibi Pikachu drawing. Or follow your Pokémon companion through his life cycle of Pokémon evolution with this Pichu drawing and Raichu drawing.
And you can catch 'em all with this list of Pokémon drawing tutorials.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Pikachu
How to Draw a Great Looking Pikachu for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon Pikachu outline by drawing Pikachu's face. Draw two circles. Then, draw an oval inside each circle and shade between them. These are Pikachu's eyes.
Easy Pikachu Drawing - Step 2
2. Shade a small rounded triangle to form the nose. Then, use curved lines to sketch his "W" shaped upper lip, open mouth, and tongue within it.
Easy Pikachu Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to outline the sides of his face and chin. Notice that the lines do not touch.
Easy Pikachu Drawing - Step 4
4. From each side of the head, extend a pair of curved lines. Allow each pair to meet at a point, forming the ears. Attach the ears with a curved line at the base.
Easy Pikachu Drawing - Step 5
5. Band each ear with a curved line to denote their black tips. Enclose an oval on each cheek.
Easy Pikachu Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Pikachu's arms. For each arm, use two curved lines. Connect each pair with a zigzag line to denote the fingers of the hands or paws.
Easy Pikachu Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a long curved line from the cheek to the opposite arm. This outlines and encloses Pikachu's body.
Add More Details to Your Pikachu Picture - Step 8
8. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch Pikachu's feet and toes.
Complete the Outline of Your Pikachu Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw Pikachu's tail using a series of straight lines that meet at "L" shaped angles. Notice that the sides of the tail are much closer together near the body, expanding to form a large rectangle at the tip. Connect the lines with a straight line at the end.
Color Your Pikachu Drawing
Your cartoon Pikachu outline is now complete. Color your drawing. As an electric mouse Pokémon, Pikachu is bright yellow in color. The tips of his ears are black, his mouth is pink, and the circles on his cheeks are bright red.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pikachu Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).