Learn how to draw a great looking Dinosaur with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Dinosaur.
Do you love dinosaurs? You can master drawing a parasaurolophus with the aid of this easy, step-by-step dinosaur drawing guide.
Parasaurolophus was a duck-billed dinosaur from North America. Its unique bony head crest sets it apart from other dinosaurs. It likely used that crest to make loud trumpeting noises
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This dinosaur is easy to draw. You will use lots of curved lines, but you may also recognize familiar shapes like circles, ovals, and triangles.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Dinosaur
How to Draw a Great Looking Dinosaur for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon dinosaur outline by drawing its face. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the face and horn. Draw a small circle for the eye, and enclose a smaller oval inside it. Draw a small "C" shaped line to indicate the nostril.
Easy Dinosaur Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a curved line to enclose the lower jaw. Then, extend another curved line from the mouth, above the eye, and down the back of the neck.
Easy Dinosaur Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend two parallel curved lines from below the head, forming the animal's neck. Draw two shorter, overlapping curved lines to indicate folds of skin on the back of the neck.
Easy Dinosaur Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the dinosaur's arms using overlapping curved lines. Let each of the three fingers culminate at a point. Contour the elbow and the shoulder with curved lines.
Easy Dinosaur Drawing - Step 5
5. Next, draw the rear leg. Use long curved lines for the front and back of the leg. Draw several rounded triangles to indicate the toenails. Then, complete the toes with overlapping curved lines.
Easy Dinosaur Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the thigh portion of the leg with a long curved line. Then, draw the remaining rear leg. Use long curved lines to trace the leg, then enclose rounded triangles for the toenails.
Easy Dinosaur Drawing - Step 7
7. From the back of the neck, extend a long curved line. This outlines the dinosaur's back and tail.
Add More Details to Your Dinosaur Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the tail, using two curved lines that meet at a point.
Complete the Outline of Your Dinosaur Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the dinosaur's scales. Draw a wavy curved line along the bottom of the tail. Along the back, enclose triangles of different sizes using wavy lines.
Color Your Dinosaur Drawing
Your cartoon parasaurolophus is now complete. Color your picture.
What color was parasaurolophus? No one truly knows. Dinosaurs may have been camouflaged in shades of black, brown, gray, and green like many modern-day reptiles. Or, also like modern animals, they may have borne bright colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dinosaur Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).