A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Little Anime Boy with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Kids are at the heart of many anime and manga stories. You can learn how to draw an easy anime little boy body with the help of the simple step-by-step tutorial, below.
When we’re finished, you will understand how to draw a full-body sketch of a human child.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing a Little Anime Boy
Little Anime Boy drawing - Step 1
1. Use curved lines to draw the boy's face, head, and ear, and then draw a set of curved grid lines across the face. This cross shape will help you to place the facial features in later steps.
Little Anime Boy drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to draw the open mouth, teeth, and tongue, divided evenly by the vertical line and placed halfway between the chin and horizontal guideline.
Allow the eyes to rest on the horizontal guideline, taking up half of the line opposite the central guideline. Each eye should consist of a circle within a circle surrounded by a curved line
Use curved lines to draw the small pointed eyebrows above the eyes and to contour the inside of the ear.
Little Anime Boy drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the guidelines from the face. Then use curved lines to draw the small nose and the spiky manga hair.
Little Anime Boy drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to draw more spiky hair in typical anime style outside the outline of the head. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Little Anime Boy drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the guidelines from the head. Then, use curved lines to sketch the neck, shoulders, sleeves, and torso.
Little Anime Boy drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the boy's arms. Use pairs of curved lines for the arms themselves and overlapping curved lines for the excited, balled fists (for more details see the How to Draw a Fist tutorial).
Little Anime Boy drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to draw the boy's shorts. Then extend additional lines to form the legs.
Little Anime Boy drawing - Step 8
8. At the bottom of each leg, use curved lines to draw the baggy socks and rounded shoes.
Little Anime Boy drawing - Step 9
What to draw next?
Now, it is time to make this childhood character your own. Change the hair of the child body base - how would he look with a mohawk or dreads?
Change his facial expressions to angry, confused, or scared. Make him a cheeky little boy sticking his tongue out at someone. Make him cry with the help of this crying eyes drawing. Make him blush. Then, write a story to tell us why.
You can continue practicing anime kid drawings with this How to Draw a Young Anime Girl tutorial.
There are over 100 anime drawing guides on Easy Drawing Guides. You can find all our simple anime tutorials here.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).