Learn how to draw a great looking Best Friends with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Best Friends.
Have you ever made a pinky promise or pinky swear? This gesture involves "the locking of the pinkies of two people to signify that a promise has been made."
Pink promises have been around since at least 1860, when they were mentioned in the Dictionary of Americanisms. Today, children around the world confirm their promises in this way.
The pinky promise is just one way that acquaintances claim one another as best friends. What does it take to be a best friend?
It has been defined as "someone with whom one shares the strongest possible kind of friendship."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Best friends spend time together, share secrets, and often wear friendship bracelets or necklaces as tokens of their bond.
In our drawing guide, these best friends are making a pinky promise or perfecting their secret handshake. You can learn to draw a cartoon featuring yourself and your best friend! Follow the step-by-step instructions in this caricature cartoon drawing tutorial.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Pinky Promise, Yourself Stepping in a Puddle and Splashing your Friends, and Quiz Game Show.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Best Friends
How to Draw a Great Looking Best Friends for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the first girl's face. Both girls are drawn in profile, meaning you see their faces from the side. Use a curved line to sketch the forehead, nose, and chin. Then, draw an oval to outline the pupil, with a "C" shaped line surrounding it. Draw short curved lines extending from the "C" to indicate the eyelashes.
Below the nose, extend a long curved line inward and double it back upon itself to form the mouth. Draw a wavy line across it to indicate the upper and lower teeth of the toothy smile. About the mouth, shade several dots to indicate freckles on the cheek.
Easy Best Friends Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the girl's hair. Use curved lines to sketch her bangs, noting the "V" shaped split. Then, use a pair of curved lines to form a headband. Connect them with a short line at the top, and with a "C" shaped line for the ear at the bottom. Use additional curved lines to contour the ear, the hair below the ear, and the front of the neck.
Easy Best Friends Drawing - Step 3
3. Use long, curved lines to draw the hair at the back of the head. Notice how the ends of the hair consist of inverted "V" shaped lines connected by short curved lines. Draw the neck of her blouse using a curved "V" shaped line, and use curved lines to outline the shoulder and upper arm.
Easy Best Friends Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a pair of parallel curved lines to form the girl's outstretched arm. Then, use overlapping curved lines to sketch her fingers, thumb, and hand.
Easy Best Friends Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing the second girl. Again, use a series of curved lines to outline the forehead, nose, chin, and neck. For the eye, draw an oval with a "C" shaped line behind it, and short lines for the eyelashes and eyebrow. Extend a line below the nose and double it back upon itself to form the chin, and draw a wavy line to indicate the teeth. Blush the cheek with a small oval.
Easy Best Friends Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a scarf on the girl's head. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the triangular shape. Then, use curved lines for the side of the face and the ear.
Easy Best Friends Drawing - Step 7
7. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the girl's braids or locks. Texture each braid with short curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Best Friends Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the neck of the garment using a "C" shaped line. Use curved lines to contour the collar bone, shoulder, and torso.
Complete the Outline of Your Best Friends Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a series of lines to draw the girl's outstretched arm, hand, and fingers.
Color Your Best Friends Drawing
Color your cartoon of two B.F.F.s - Best Friends Forever!
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Best People Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Best Friends Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).