Learn how to draw a great looking Baby with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Baby.
There's nothing cuter or more precious than an itty-bitty baby! You can learn how to draw a baby with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing guide.
Infants are evident in drawings and cartoons due to their unique proportions. Babies typically have large eyes and big heads in comparison to the size of their bodies.
Other indications are their simple clothes and frequent lack of hair.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
After babyhood, the next stage of development is the toddler or "little kid" phase. You can learn how to draw a little boy here.
Can you see some of the same traits, like the large head compared to the body? Can you see differences, such as more hair and longer arms and legs?
If you liked this drawing guide, try your hand at this family drawing. It includes a baby, a child, a mom, and a dad.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Baby
How to Draw a Great Looking Baby for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon baby outline by drawing his eyes. First, draw two curved lines to form the tops of the cheeks. Above each line, enclose a partial oval with two successively smaller ovals inside.
Shade between them to form the pupils. Then, shade a curved shape above each eye to form the eyebrows, and extend three short lines from the top of each eye to indicate the eyelashes.
Easy Baby Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to sketch the ears, cheeks, chin, smiling mouth, and nose, and to contour inside the ears, nostrils, and corners of the mouth.
Easy Baby Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to outline the top of the baby's round head. Then, draw two curved lines that meet at a point to form a curl of hair on the forehead.
Easy Baby Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose a partial circle below the head - the neck of the garment - then use a series of curved lines to sketch the sleeve of the baby's clothes.
Don't forget to band the top of the sleeve with a curved line, indicating stitching.
Easy Baby Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of curved lines to enclose the crescent-shaped cuff of the sleeve as well as the baby's hand.
Easy Baby Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a series of curved lines to sketch the remaining sleeve. Notice how this arm is in a different position compared to the first.
Easy Baby Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to enclose the cuff and the baby's hand.
Add More Details to Your Baby Picture - Step 8
8. Use two overlapping curved lines to draw the baby's leg and foot. One line should double back upon itself to form the foot and meet the top of the leg.
Complete the Outline of Your Baby Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to draw the remaining leg and foot and to contour the fabric on the torso.
Color Your Baby Drawing
Your cartoon baby outline is now complete. You can choose the color of his or her hair and outfit. You can even draw colorful patterns on the baby's onesie if you want!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Baby Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).