Learn how to draw a great looking Beach Ball with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Beach Ball drawing.
Beach balls are large, inflatable, lightweight toys often used to play water games such as water polo or volleyball. They became popular as they appeared in teenaged beach films of the 1960s, including Beach Party and Beach Blanket Bingo.
Beach balls are often played with in swimming pools, at concerts and festivals, and in sports arenas. The latter may be confiscated, as they have been known to interfere with the players at sporting events.
Most beach balls are about 3 feet wide, but 5 and 9-foot beach balls are also readily available. The Guinness world-record-holding largest beach ball was constructed in London in 2017 to advertise the film Baywatch. Its diameter was 65.5 feet, and it was carried on the river by a barge.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Beach balls have become an icon of oceanside fun. They are often included in beach scenes on in illustrations of trained seals balancing them on their noses. Today, not all beach balls feature the traditional multi-colored stripes. Advertisements, words, solid colors, emoji faces, or globes are common themes.
Would you like to draw a brightly colored beach ball? This easy, step-by-step beach ball drawing tutorial will make it easy. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Beach Ball
How to Draw a Great Looking Beach Ball for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This outlines the shape of the beach ball.
Easy Beach Ball Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another, smaller circle within the beach ball.
Easy Beach Ball Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long, curved line from the inner circle to the edge of the beach ball. This begins the beach ball's colorful sections.
Easy Beach Ball Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another curved line from the inner circle to the edge of the beach ball, completing the first section.
Easy Beach Ball Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a third line from the inner circle to the edge of the beach ball, completing the second section.
Easy Beach Ball Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the fourth line from the inner circle to the edge of the beach ball, completing three sections.
Easy Beach Ball Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the fifth line from the inner circle to the edge of the beach ball, completing the fourth section.
Add More Details to Your Beach Ball Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a sixth line from the inner circle to the edge of the beach ball, completing all six sections.
Complete the Outline of Your Beach Ball Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw short, straight lines alongside the lines of the beach ball. These indicate how the sections were sewn or attached together, giving the ball texture.
Color Your Beach Ball Drawing
Color your beach ball. Many of these toys are brightly colored, with sections of white, yellow, red, blue, green, and other colors.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy to Draw Really Easy Drawing Tutorials post.
Beach Ball Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).