Learn how to draw a great looking Beanie with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Beanie.
The beanie, also called a stocking cap, tuque, touque, or toboggan, is a type of knit cap that is usually worn for warmth. It was originally made of wool and favored by outdoor workers such as hunters and fishermen.
A knit cap with a pom-pom on top is known as a bob cap, bobble cap, or bobble hat in Britain. The so-called "Geek-Chic" trend brought this hat from utilitarian obscurity to a fashion-forward item.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In some places, beanies are associated with high school and college football teams. A number of popular musicians also sport beanies, as well as influencers in the skater and BMX circles.
Not surprisingly, the hats are also popular among skiers and those who indulge in other cold-weather outdoor activities.
Would you like to draw a cartoon beanie? This easy, step-by-step cartoon object drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, pen, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Beanie
How to Draw a Great Looking Beanie for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the pom-pom, the fuzzy ball on top of the beanie. Sketch the round shape using a series of short, connected, “U” shaped lines.
Easy Beanie Drawing - Step 2
2. Complete the circular shape of the beanie, creating the outline with connected “U” shaped lines.
Easy Beanie Drawing - Step 3
3. Texture the pom-pom. Use “U” shaped lines of various sizes. Notice that the opening of the “U” is always facing the center of the pom-pom.
Easy Beanie Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw wavy, scalloped lines descending from each side of the pom-pom. You can draw a solid wavy line, or use short, connected wavy lines. This outlines the sides of the hat.
Easy Beanie Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a scalloped, wavy line across the top of the hat. This is the top of the first stripe.
Easy Beanie Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw another scalloped, wavy line across the hat, completing the striped band.
Easy Beanie Drawing - Step 7
7. Connect the sides of the hat using a series of overlapping curved lines. This begins the band at the base of the hat. Notice that the lines extend past the sides of the hat on each side.
Add More Details to Your Beanie Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the sides of the hatband using curved lines. Then, connect them with a series of overlapping curved lines, completing the hatband.
Complete the Outline of Your Beanie Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the band with curved lines.
Color Your Beanie Drawing
Color your cartoon hat. Beanies come in many colors. Some represent the colors of a school or sports team.
Who will wear this comfy hat? Learn how to draw your own cartoon character.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Beanie Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).