Learn how to draw a great looking Bearded Dragon Lizard with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Bearded Dragon Lizard.
Bearded dragon is the common name of a group of eight lizard species. They are named for the spiky "beard" beneath their necks which can turn black due to stress.
They can live up to ten years and reach a length of 24 inches. Bearded dragons need an environment in which the light, temperature, and humidity are carefully controlled.
Bearded dragons are communicative creatures. Their antics include moving their legs in a way that resembles a wave hello.
The beard may be expanded to express aggression or during courtship. Bearded dragons may also hiss loudly when threatened.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon bearded dragon lizard? This easy, step-by-step animal drawing guide is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Bearded Dragon Lizard
How to Draw a Great Looking Bearded Dragon Lizard for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the bearded dragon's head. Use a series of short curved lines connected at points to sketch the spikey top of the head. Then, outline the remainder of the face using a wavy curved line. Draw another curved line to indicate the mouth.
Easy Bearded Dragon Lizard Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another curved line beneath the mouth. Then, use a series of short, curved lines connected at jagged points to draw the spikes at the side of the head. Draw similar spikes behind and beneath the head.
Easy Bearded Dragon Lizard Drawing - Step 3
3. Use overlapping curved lines to outline the body. The second set of lines should taper and curve back upon themselves, forming the tail and meeting at a sharp point.
Easy Bearded Dragon Lizard Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the rear leg, erasing as necessary. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the leg, and "U" shaped lines to enclose the toes. Draw a small triangle to indicate a claw at the tip of each toe.
Easy Bearded Dragon Lizard Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch the foreleg. Use curved lines to sketch the upper and lower leg as well as the toes. Again, draw a small triangle at the tip of each toe to indicate the claw.
Easy Bearded Dragon Lizard Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining foreleg. Use curved lines to outline the upper and lower leg, foot, and toes. Draw a small triangle at the tip of each toe to indicate the claw or toenail.
Easy Bearded Dragon Lizard Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the body of the lizard. Draw a long, curved line down the center of the back, from the head to the base of the tail. Use a series of short, curved lines that meet at jagged points to draw the spikes on the lizard's side. Draw lines and small circles here and there to add texture.
Add More Details to Your Bearded Dragon Lizard Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to texture the lizard's back and tail. Then, draw a curved line beneath the mouth. Fill the area below the mouth with circles and half-circles, giving the lizard a scaly appearance.
Complete the Outline of Your Bearded Dragon Lizard Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the lizard's face. Enclose a large rounded shape around the eye, and shade a smaller rounded shape within it. Use lines and circles to draw the nostril. Shade a narrow oval beyond the end of the mouth to form the lizard's ear, and draw curved lines around it.
Color Your Bearded Dragon Lizard Drawing
Color your bearded dragon. This lizard is typically brown in color but can be red, yellow, green, orange, or white. Some have unique patterns, such as tiger-like stripes.
You can learn to draw a whole menagerie of cartoon animals! Check out our selection of animal drawing guides to learn more.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Bearded Dragon Lizard Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).