Learn how to draw a great looking Blank Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Blank Face.
Drawing people or cartoon characters is an essential skill for every artist. You can learn how to draw a blank face with the help of this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial - then, fill in the blanks with whatever you want!
This face outline template is blank for a reason. You can use this base to draw any type of character you want.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Alternatively, you might like to draw people without facial features. A number of artworks do this. The popular Willow Tree figurines are an example of this.
The small statues appear to be hand carved from wood, but they have no faces. This allows you to imagine that they picture you or someone you care about.
Sometimes, people talk about having a "blank face" - but they don't mean no face at all. This means having an unreadable expression or hiding your emotions.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Blank Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Blank Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the blank face outline by drawing a large “U” shaped line. This will become the bottom of the face.
Easy Blank Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a “C” shaped ear on each side of the face.
Easy Blank Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Contour inside each ear using curved lines.
Easy Blank Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Continue to contour inside the ears with curved lines. Then, begin sketching the hair across the forehead. Use a series of long curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Blank Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue to draw hair on each side of the face. Use a series of connected curved lines.
Easy Blank Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Connect the ears to the hairline above, using curved lines to outline the sideburns. Then, draw hair on top of the head, using a series of connected curved lines.
Easy Blank Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue drawing the hair on top of the head, using connected curved lines of various lengths. The lines should meet at a point at the front. Then, draw narrow “U” shaped lines to indicate hair sticking up at the crown of the head.
Add More Details to Your Blank Face Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose the remaining hair between the crown of the head and the ear.
Complete the Outline of Your Blank Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your blank face outline by enclosing the remaining hair between the top of the head and the ear. Then, use a pair of lines to sketch the neck.
Color Your Blank Face Drawing
Color your cartoon blank face outline. It’s ready for any type of facial expression you are willing to draw!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Blank Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).