Learn how to draw a great looking Cute Heart Smiley Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cute Heart Smiley Face.
Do you like sending emojis in emails, texts, or social media messages? Now, you can draw them, too! This emoji drawing tutorial will show you how to draw a cute heart smiley face outline.
What are emojis? Emojis or emoticons are small, simple pictures designed to add context and emotion to written messages.
Why are emojis important? When you talk to someone face-to-face, they see your facial expressions and hear your tone of voice.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This gives added meaning to your words. Without them, what you text could be misunderstood or taken the wrong way, especially if you are joking or using sarcasm. Emojis fill in the gaps.
Hearts are popular emojis. Other favorites include the classic smiley face icon or faces with sad tears or laughing tears. Things like a smiling pile of poop and unicorns are also emoji cartoon favorites!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cute Heart Smiley Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Cute Heart Smiley Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cute heart smiley face outline by drawing a curved line. This will become one lobe of the heart.
Easy Cute Heart Smiley Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a second curved line to create a mirror image of the first. Your heart should now have two lobes.
Easy Cute Heart Smiley Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue the curved line on one side. It should extend to the bottom of the heart.
Easy Cute Heart Smiley Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend the curved line on the remaining side to meet the line you just drew at a point. This completes the basic outline of the heart.
Easy Cute Heart Smiley Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin to detail the cartoon heart's face. Draw two curved lines on each side - one for the eyebrow and one to contour the cheek. On one side, enclose a partial oval shape above the cheek line.
This is the heart's eye. Then, draw two successively smaller ovals within the eye and shade between them. This forms the heart's pupil.
On the opposite side, draw a short line just below the cheek line. Why is there no eye on this side? Because the heart is winking at you, of course!
Easy Cute Heart Smiley Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Use two curved lines that meet at a sharp point to sketch the cartoon heart's nose.
Easy Cute Heart Smiley Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the smiling mouth. Use a long curved line with a short curved line at the corner. Detail the chin with a short curved line below the mouth.
Add More Details to Your Cute Heart Smiley Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the arms. On each side of the heart, draw a small oval. This is the wrist. From the ovals, draw pairs of curved lines that meet at sharp points near the sides of the heart. These indicate the arms.
Then, use a series of connected, curved lines to outline the fingers and hands. Detail the palm of the upturned hand with short lines.
Color Your Cute Heart Smiley Face Drawing
Color your cute heart smiley face outline. Hearts are often pink or red like the one in our illustration. But heart emojis come in lots of colors, including, white, brown, blue, green, yellow, orange, black, and purple. Do you know all their special meanings?
● The white heart emoji means pure or family love.
● The red heart means true love and romance.
● The black heart is used for dark humor or sorrow.
● The yellow heart signifies friendship.
● The green heart can mean jealousy, nature, or health.
● The purple heart means sensitivity and compassion.
● The blue heart emoji indicates trust, peace, and loyalty.
What color will your drawing be?
For more great Heart drawing tutorials, see the 36 Easy Heart Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cute Heart Smiley Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).