Learn how to draw a great looking Woman's Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Woman's Face.
Faces are an important part of human society and psychology. A primary function of the face is to convey emotion.
Almost universally, a smile denotes pleasure and tears indicate sadness. Recognizing emotion on the faces of others allows us to interact with them in meaningful ways.
In fact, there is a region of the brain called the Fusiform face area that is devoted to the recognition of faces.
Interestingly, social people experience more responses in this brain area when viewing strangers than do shy people, and attractive faces cause more brain activity than do unattractive faces.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This drawing guide focuses on the woman's face. The female face has been used symbolically in many instances.
It may symbolize warm maternal feelings or impassioned romance. It may represent such divergent concepts as fragility or strength. Sometimes, it harkens back to the sin of Eve in the Garden of Eden.
Would you like to draw a cartoon female face? This easy, step-by-step cartoon woman's face drawing tutorial will show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. Drawing faces such as this one will help you to expand your artistic skill and develop the skills needed to draw portraits of living people.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Woman Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Woman's Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. This will help you to form the shape of the girl’s face.
Easy Woman's Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Erase the sides of the oval, leaving the sides and bottom. Connect these disconnected pieces using curved lines, thus contouring the cheeks and temples.
Easy Woman's Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend two long, curved lines below the head. These form the neck and shoulders.
Easy Woman's Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Use two long, curved lines to form the flowing hair. The lines should overlap at the top of the head and reach down to the shoulders.
Easy Woman's Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Detail the hair around the forehead, erasing as necessary. Draw long, curved lines that form a rough “M” shape above the face. One leg of the “M” should overlap the shoulder. Draw short, curved lines across the humps of the “M” to give depth to the hair. Extend a curved line from the face to meet the long leg of the “M” at a point, forming a tendril of hair.
Easy Woman's Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Add texture and detail to the hair. Use the center of the “M” to locate the part in the middle of the hair. From this imaginary line, draw curved lines extending to the edge of the hair and down the length of it.
Easy Woman's Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Do the same for the opposite side, extending curved lines from the part down the length of the hair. Notice that the lines do not meet at the part.
Add More Details to Your Woman's Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the girl’s eyes. Use a series of curved and straight lines to draw the triangular eyebrows. Indicate the top of the nose by placing a short line at the inner tip of each brow. Then, use three lines to form an incomplete double-teardrop shape beneath each brow. These are the eyes. Draw three consecutively smaller circles in each, and shade between the two smallest, indicating the pupil. Draw a curved line above each eye, connected to it on the outer edge, to form the eyelids.
Complete the Outline of Your Woman's Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Use two “C” shaped lines to draw the sides of the nose, and two small, shaded ovals to indicate the nostrils. Draw a straight line to part the mouth, and curved lines above and below it to indicate the lips.
Color Your Woman's Face Drawing
Color your female face. Then, increase your skill by drawing people of all types: male, female, children, adults, faces, full bodies, realistic forms, cartoon characters, and more.
For more great Body drawing tutorials, see the 37 Easy and Fun Body Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Woman's Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).