Learn how to draw a great looking Building with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Building.
Would you like to learn how to draw a building? Now you can with the help of this easy, step-by-step building drawing tutorial.
The good news is, most buildings are not hard to draw. This one consists of familiar shapes such as rectangles and triangles.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to Draw an Easy Buildings and Sky in One Point Perspective or Easy City in One-Point Perspective Drawing tutorials.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Building
How to Draw a Great Looking Building for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon building outline by drawing a narrow rectangle for its foundation. Trace its outer walls by extending straight, vertical lines from the sides of the foundation.
Easy Building Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw straight, horizontal lines at the tops of the wall. Connect them with an inverted "V" shaped line, then draw another "V" shaped line parallel to the first. Extend short straight lines from the outer edges of the roof.
Easy Building Drawing - Step 3
3. Use straight lines to enclose a trapezoid passing behind the "V" shape, completing the building's roof.
Easy Building Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw rectangular-shaped balconies on the front of the building and square balconies on each side.
Easy Building Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a square doorway on top of each balcony railing. Between the balconies, draw two columns of narrow rectangles. These will become window ledges.
Easy Building Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose a square window on top of each of the narrow rectangles. At the bottom of the building, draw a rectangular doorway with a trapezoid-shaped awning.
Easy Building Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail the doorway. Draw three straight, vertical lines to divide the double doors and establish the doorframe. Draw two short vertical lines near the division to indicate handles. Then, enclose a large rectangle on each side of the doorway.
Add More Details to Your Building Picture - Step 8
8. Detail the doors and windows. Draw a vertical line through each balcony door, and cross the windows with intersecting lines, indicating the window panes.
Complete the Outline of Your Building Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the balcony railings with vertical lines.
Color Your Building Drawing
Your cartoon building outline is now complete. Buildings like this one are often made from red or tan brick, but they can be painted any color.
For more great building drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Building Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Building Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).