Learn how to draw a great looking Sagrada Familia Church with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Sagrada Familia Church.
La Sagrada Familia is a famous historic church in Barcelona, Spain. You can explore this destination with the help of this Sagrada Familia church drawing guide.
Work began on the church in 1882, but it remains unfinished to this day. Its architect believed that it would take 200 years to complete.
Today, its antiquated style looks unusual next to an industrial city. The church became a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1984.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
So, you've sharpened your architectural skills with this cartoon Sagrada Familia church outline. Are you ready to travel to more of Europe's sketch-worthy sites?
You can try your hand at the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Sagrada Familia Church
How to Draw a Great Looking Sagrada Familia Church for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Sagrada Familia church outline by drawing a boomerang shape. Below it, extend pairs of curved lines. Let the lines diverge before coming together at a point, forming a diamond shape at the end. These are the unique arches at the front of the building. Draw short curved lines connecting the tops of the arches.
Easy Sagrada Familia Church Drawing - Step 2
2. Add detail behind the arches of the cartoon structure. Use straight lines to outline the zigzag shape of the building's base. Enclose arched windows and doors, banded with lines. Draw vertical lines upward from each corner, affording a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Sagrada Familia Church Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw zigzag lines to enclose an inverted "V" shape above the arches. Connect it to the arch structure using short lines, then trace a small cross on top.
Easy Sagrada Familia Church Drawing - Step 4
4. Use "U" shaped lines to draw arches between the two "V" shaped structures of the building. Then, extend pairs of curved lines upward, allowing them to meet in sharp points. This forms the church's spires. Draw a small circle at the top of each spire. Then, draw several curved lines between the middle spires.
Easy Sagrada Familia Church Drawing - Step 5
5. Shade small squares and long vertical rectangles along the front of the spires. Band the top of each spire with two curved lines.
Easy Sagrada Familia Church Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw smaller structures extending from the sides of the main building. For each structure, enclose a tall, pentagon-shaped front. Extend overlapping lines from the uppermost points, enclosing the roofs. Draw small rectangles on the fronts of the buildings, and shade small circles near the peak of each roof.
Easy Sagrada Familia Church Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more towering spires on top of these structures. Extend lines upward to form two rows of pentagon shapes. Band some with horizontal lines.
Add More Details to Your Sagrada Familia Church Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another layer of pointed structures. Decorate the fronts with "V" shaped lines, teardrop shapes, and circles crossed by lines like the slices of a pizza. Draw circles on top of some of the spires.
Complete the Outline of Your Sagrada Familia Church Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Sagrada Familia church outline by drawing the scenery around the basilica. Use curved lines to trace the horizon line, the outline of buildings in the distance, a path leading to the church, bushes in the foreground, and clouds in the sky.
Color Your Sagrada Familia Church Drawing
Color your cartoon of the Sagrada Familia church. It appears light brown or tan in color.
For more great building drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute How to Draw Buildings Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Sagrada Familia Church Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).