Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Bee with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Bee.
Buzz, buzz! You can introduce a friendly cartoon pollinator drawing to your garden with the help of this simple, step-by-step easy bee drawing tutorial.
Bees are insects. Therefore, they have three body sections - a head, thorax, and abdomen. You can see these in the illustration. Bees also have two sets of wings, antennae, and six legs - though only four legs are visible in our picture.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Bees are perhaps best known for their stinger. In our drawing, it takes the shape of a curved triangle. Stripes on the abdomen warn of the potential danger!
Did you know? There are more than 20,000 different types of bees. Can you draw and color them all? Learn how to draw a bee hive to get started.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Bee
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Bee for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy bee outline by drawing its face. Enclose partial oval shapes, flattened on the bottoms, for the eyes. Draw a smaller oval inside each eye. Then, draw an "M" shaped line above the eyes and bring it around to outline the face. Use curved lines for the smiling mouth and the dimple at its corner.
Easy Easy Bee Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line to enclose the round back of the head. Then extend two lines upward from it. At the end of each line, enclose a narrow teardrop shape. These are the bee's antennae.
Easy Easy Bee Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose a round shape below the head. This is the bee's midsection or thorax. Use curved lines to enclose two narrow shapes overlapping the thorax. These are the first of the bee's legs.
Easy Easy Bee Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose a large oval below the body. This is the bee's abdomen. Draw two more narrow curved shapes extending from the thorax, forming two more legs.
Easy Easy Bee Drawing - Step 5
5. Band the abdomen with curved lines, giving the bee its characteristic stripes.
Easy Easy Bee Drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose a small triangle at the bottom of the abdomen. This is the bee's stinger.
Easy Easy Bee Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a long curved line from the bee's head and double it back on itself to reach the thorax. This is the first of the bee's wings.
Add More Details to Your Easy Bee Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose another wing on the opposite side. Again, extend a long curved line from the bee's body and double it back upon itself.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Bee Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to enclose two smaller wings, one beneath each of the forewings.
Color Your Easy Bee Drawing
Your cartoon bee outline is now complete. Color your character. Bees are often depicted as having black and yellow stripes, and this is accurate for many species. Others have black and green stripes or are a shiny blue.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Bee Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).