Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Bee with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Cartoon Bee.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
More than 20,000 species of bees buzz from flower to flower around the world. Many bees live in groups or colonies called hives, but others are solitary. They collect nectar from flowers to make honey.
Bees are very important. Not only would we have no honey if bees disappeared - we'd have no food at all. Bees are pollinators, meaning they transfer pollen between flowers, allowing them to produce seeds, nuts, and fruits.
Flowers can't do this on their own; they need the help of pollinators. Other pollinators include butterflies, bats, and even mosquitos.
Should you be afraid of bees? Some people are allergic to bees, making a sting very dangerous. But bees are not looking for opportunities to sting you.
In fact, stinging means death for many bees. Therefore, they only sting if they feel that they are in danger. Give bees their space, and they will see no reason to sting you.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Bees often feature as cartoon characters. Well-known animated film characters include Barry Benson of Bee Movie, Maya the Bee, and Chip the wasp from Antz.
This easy, step-by-step cartoon insect drawing tutorial is all the buzz! You can learn to draw a cartoon bee by following the simple steps, one line or geometric shape at a time.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your bee's black and yellow stripes.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Butterfly, Spider Web with Spider, and Cartoon Spider.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Bee
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Bee for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a large circle. This will become the insect’s body.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a small over overlapping the top of the circle. Erase the overlapping lines. This begins the bee’s thorax or midsection.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another oval overlapping the first. Erase overlapping lines. This will become the bee’s head.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two large overlapping circles within the face to outline the eyes.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the overlap from one of the eyes. Draw two small ovals a distance above the bee’s head. These will become the tips of the bug’s antennae.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw thick curved lines between the two of the head and the ovals, completing the antennae.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 7
7. Extend a long curved line from the base of the bee’s head to its circular abdomen, enclosing a nearly circular shape. This is the first of the bee’s wings. Repeat this process on the opposite side to form the remaining wing.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line from the bottom of each wing to the abdomen, enclosing the lower wings.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 9
9. Within each eye, draw a small oval with a smaller circle inside it. Shade between the two to indicate the pupils.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 10
10. Use a curved line to outline the open mouth. Use straight lines to enclose a rectangular shape at the top of the mouth, indicating teeth. Draw a short line between the teeth and the bottom of the mouth, and shade the shape it encloses.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 11
11. Draw the bee’s stinger. Use curved lines that meet at a sharp point to enclose a triangle shape.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 12
12. Band the abdomen with horizontal curved lines, forming the bee’s stripes.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 13
13. Detail the wings by drawing a curved line across each.
Easy Cartoon Bee Drawing - Step 14
14. Color your cartoon bee. Most bees have black and yellow stripes. A few have unusual colors. The orchard mason bee of North America is shiny and blue!
For more great Bug drawing tutorials, see the 17 Easy to Draw Bug Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Bee Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).