Learn how to draw a great looking Bee Hive with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Bee Hive.
"I'm just a little black rain cloud
Hovering under the honey tree
I'm only a little black rain cloud
Pay no attention to little me."
- Winnie the Pooh, "Little Black Rain Cloud," The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
In popular culture, beehives are often involved in honey gathering or a character being stung by a swarm of angry bees. We see one example of this in Winnie the Pooh, quoted above.
Other animated films, such as Bee Movie, are centered entirely around this hard-working animal.
Are bees really just waiting to sting you? No. European and domestic honey bees are gentle and difficult to anger. They don't want to sting you, because if they do, they lose their stinger and die. They will only sting if they feel threatened.
There are some bee species - Africanized honey bees, yellow jackets, murder hornets - that are aggressive and dangerous to humans. Beekeepers lookout for dangerous specimens and remove them from non-native environments.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Bees are becoming ever more popular in fashion and popular culture. Colony collapse disorder and other dangers threaten bee populations worldwide.
Because pollination by bees is imperative to our food supply, many organizations now sell t-shirts and accessories with a "Save the Bees" motif.
Would you like to draw a cartoon beehive? This easy, step-by-step cartoon animal drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Bee Hive
How to Draw a Great Looking Bee Hive for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the tree branch. Use curved lines of various lengths to draw the branch and twigs. Each twig should culminate in a sharp point.
Easy Bee Hive Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the beehive. Extend a pair of curved lines downward from the branch. Then, draw curved lines outward from each side of these. Draw another curved line beneath them, and an oval beneath that. Then, enclose several successively smaller curved shapes beneath the oval.
Easy Bee Hive Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw an opening in the beehive. Draw a circle across its center, and a curved line across the top of the circle. Erase as necessary.
Easy Bee Hive Drawing - Step 4
4. Texture the surface of the beehive with curved lines and small circles.
Easy Bee Hive Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw leaves at the tip of each twig. For each leaf, extend a curved line from the twig. From the base of this line, extend two curved lines. Bring the lines to meet at a point just beyond the end of the original line. Then, draw short curved lines extending from the original line to form the leaf veins.
Easy Bee Hive Drawing - Step 6
6. Begin to outline the bees. For each bee, start with a circle. This will become the bee's head. Then, extend a curved line behind the head and double it back upon itself to form the oval-shaped body.
Easy Bee Hive Drawing - Step 7
7. Band the bees with curved lines, creating their characteristic stripes. Use two curved lines to enclose the triangular stingers.
Add More Details to Your Bee Hive Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the bee's wings, erasing as necessary. For each wing, extend a curved line from the bee's back. Double it back upon itself to form a rounded teardrop shape. Detail the wings with veins. Draw lines across the wings, with shorter lines branching from them.
Complete the Outline of Your Bee Hive Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the bee's faces, erasing as necessary. Use large circles for the eyes, with successively smaller circles inside. Create a smiling mouth with curved lines. For the antennae, extend curved lines from the top of the head. Conclude each by shading a small circle.
Color Your Bee Hive Drawing
Color your bee hive. Bees are typically banded in black and yellow. Then, feed your bees! You'll find plenty of flowers among our plants drawing guides.
For more great Bug drawing tutorials, see the 17 Best Bug Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Bee Hive Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).