Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Grandma with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Grandma.
Would you like to make a portrait of your grandmother? Learn how with the help of this easy, step-by-step cartoon grandma drawing guide.
Like all of our drawings, you can draw this grandma step-by-step, one line at a time. Look for the blue lines added in each step.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What will you do with this grandma cartoon? Make a card and give it to your own grandma. Or, use it to fill one of the frames of this family tree drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Grandma
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Grandma for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon grandma outline by drawing the eyes. Use curved lines to trace the rectangular eyes. Inside each eye, draw a circle within a circle, and shade between them. Then, use a curved line to draw the nose.
Easy Cartoon Grandma Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline and detail the face - the chin, cheeks, side of the face, the smiling mouth, the eyelids, and the contours around the mouth.
Easy Cartoon Grandma Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the ears using curved lines, with additional lines contouring within them. Then, sketch the hair using a series of connected curved lines. Draw a curved shape above each eye to indicate the eyebrows.
Easy Cartoon Grandma Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw an oval around each eye. These are the grandmother's glasses. Connect them with two curved lines, and extend another pair of lines to and beyond the ear to form the earpiece. Draw curved lines on the forehead, and continue to draw the hair using a series of connected, curved lines.
Easy Cartoon Grandma Drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the neck, both of the garment and the person, using a "V" shaped line. Use curved lines to draw the collar of the garment and its sleeve.
Easy Cartoon Grandma Drawing - Step 6
6. Use a series of curved lines to draw the scalloped, lace end of the sleeve, as well as the hand with its overlapping fingers. Then, use overlapping curved lines to complete the torso and draw the remaining arm.
Easy Cartoon Grandma Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to draw the remaining lacy sleeve and hand. Then, draw a rounded "L" shaped line beneath the hands. This will become the grandma's purse.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Grandma Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another "L" shaped line to enclose the curved, rectangular front of the purse. Then, use curved lines to enclose its partial-oval side and to connect it to the hands, enclosing the handle. Decorate the purse with a small oval and curved lines.
Next, extend long curved lines from the garment collar and sleeve to continue sketching the body.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Grandma Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a series of connected, curved lines to enclose the scalloped hem of the dress. Contour the material with curved lines, and enclose the irregular shapes of the high-heeled shoes.
Color Your Cartoon Grandma Drawing
Your cartoon grandma outline is now complete. Color your cartoon grandma. Leave her hair white, or shade it gray or "grandma blue." Dye her dress a bright and cheerful color.
For more great easy people drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy People Drawings for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Grandma Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).