Learn how to draw a great looking Woman with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Woman.
The female form and artwork go hand-in-hand. Since ancient times, women have been the subject of paintings, sculptures, and sketches.
Hundreds of famous paintings feature portraits of women. This has not changed with the passage of time. Even today, popular culture such as anime cartoons are often centered around depictions of feminine characters.
Many of the women in art are religious icons. Ancient peoples made statues of their goddesses, such as Artemis and Athena.
Some of these statues were huge and housed in temples. Others were small icons kept in private homes.
Artwork featuring women has had many meanings. Some are used to represent fertility or parenthood. At other times, women represent innocence or temptation.
Inanimate things, such as "Mother Nature" have been represented in female form.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The woman in this drawing guide could likewise be used as a canvass on which meaning is painted. Her attire can also be full of meaning.
If her gown is left unshaded, white, it could represent matrimony. Such elegant evening gowns are often associated with high school proms and the lifestyles of the rich and famous - yachts, cocktail parties, and red carpets.
Or, the clothing could be considered seductive, as in the case of Jessica Rabbit.
Would you like to draw a gorgeous cartoon woman? This easy, step-by-step woman drawing tutorial can show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Woman
How to Draw a Great Looking Woman for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. This will help you to outline the woman’s face.
Easy Woman Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two curved lines descending from the head to form the neck and shoulders.
Easy Woman Drawing - Step 3
3. Connect the ends of the shoulders using a curved line, simultaneously forming the neck of the dress. Extend a pair of curved lines from the top of the shoulder and just below it to form the upper arm. Bend the elbow by drawing another pair of curved lines extending from the first at an opposite diagonal angle. Band the end of the arm with two short lines to form the cuff of the sleeve. Then, use curved lines to enclose the hand and fingers. Draw a curved line from the underarm to the hand, forming the side of the torso.
Easy Woman Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend two long, curved lines, one from the opposite shoulder and one just below it. This outlines the remaining arm and side of the torso. Draw curved lines across the bottom of the arm and connect them with an additional line, forming the cuff. Use curved lines to outline the hand and fingers.
Easy Woman Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend the curved line of the torso, curving inward beneath the hip and outward to facilitate the flare of the evening gown. Then, overlap “L” shaped lines to form the pleats of the dress. Complete the central pleat by draw a third line.
Easy Woman Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw more “L” shaped lines, facing in the opposite direction, to complete the skirt of the dress. Extend the final line to the hand, completing the outline. Note the bulge of the hip.
Easy Woman Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a long curved line to draw the hair. Use two short, curved lines that meet at a point to draw a lock of hair falling across the forehead. Erase as necessary.
Add More Details to Your Woman Picture - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to form the eyebrows, and shade two small teardrop shapes to form the eyes.
Complete the Outline of Your Woman Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to indicate the mouth and nose.
Color Your Woman Drawing
Color the woman and her beautiful dress. Then, check out our full collection of people drawing guides to expand your skills.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Woman Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).