Learn how to draw a great looking Mansion with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Mansion.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Time's ruins build eternity's mansions." - James Joyce, Irish novelist
Do you dream of meeting Mr. Darcy at Pemberly? Or perhaps you wish to live like a Hollywood movie star?
You can learn how to draw a mansion and create your own dream house. You won't need a million dollars - just the help of this easy building drawing guide.
A mansion is a very large house. The term comes from a Latin word meaning "to dwell."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Mansions were usually self-sustaining, having forests, gardens, farms, and water sources. Some were fortified to fend off enemy attacks.
Today, mansions are a type of "conspicuous consumption." In other words, they are a way of displaying one's wealth.
Mansions are associated with the rich and famous, including actors, rock stars, sports heroes, and government officials.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Gingerbread House, Lighthouse, and Log Cabin.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Mansion
How to Draw a Great Looking Mansion for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the geometric shapes that make up the central portion of the house. First, draw three rectangles, two of which are narrow. Above these, draw a trapezoid with curved sides to form the roof.
Enclose a narrower, longer trapezoid behind the first. Then, use three straight lines to complete a square beneath it.
Easy Mansion Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a straight, horizontal line near the bottom of the square. You'll use this line to place the staircases. Draw the banister or handrail using parallel curved lines, connected at the ends.
Draw a curved line below the banister, visible on opposite sides, then draw pairs of straight, vertical lines between this and the banister. Use curved lines to enclose a curved triangle shape below the banister. Then, draw another curved line roughly parallel to the banister, and connect it at the bottom with a straight line.
Easy Mansion Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw straight, horizontal lines to create the stairs on each stairway. Draw two straight, vertical lines between the stairways. Above this shape, draw a series of narrow vertical rectangles, with a long, round-cornered rectangle on top. This creates a porch on the front of the house.
Easy Mansion Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two columns above the porch. For each column, draw two straight, vertical lines. At the top, draw a small rectangle with rounded corners. Then, draw the windows.
The arched windows can be created using a straight horizontal line on the bottom and a curved line on top. Draw another, slightly smaller shape within each. Then, draw crossbars across the windows using straight lines.
Notice that the balcony window is wider than the others and has additional crossbars.
Easy Mansion Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw an arched doorway using curved lines. Then, enclose two rectangles near the bottom and curved three-sided shapes near the top. Then, draw another section of the mansion, using a rectangle for the building and a triangle for the roof. Draw a lightning rod on top using straight and curved lines.
Easy Mansion Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw arched windows with crossbars on the new section. Then, draw more extensions. Use rectangles for the walls and triangles for the roofs.
Easy Mansion Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more lightning rods on top of the building using straight and curved lines. Then, draw rounded doorways on the new sections. Band one area with straight lines to create another balcony. Draw an oval in front of the house to begin drawing the fountain.
Add More Details to Your Mansion Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a line across the oval and another, smaller oval above it. Enclose an irregular shape to create the fountainhead. Then, use connected curved lines to create the splashing shape of the water.
Complete the Outline of Your Mansion Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved and straight lines to outline the driveway. Then, draw bushes and shrubbery in front of the house, using curved lines.
Color Your Mansion Drawing
Color your cartoon mansion.
For more great Man-Made cartoons drawing tutorials, see the 51 Best Man-Made cartoons Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Mansion Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).