Learn how to draw a great looking Easy City for Kids with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Easy City for Kids.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Hot town, summer in the city... doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city..." There are lots of songs and stories about life in the city, like this one by the Lovin Spoonful.
You can learn how to draw an easy city for kids with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
Do you live in a city? Have you ever visited one? Cities are places where many people live. They often have tall buildings. Cities are known for being crowded.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Some cities are famous. New York City is perhaps the most famous city in the world. Important events have taken place there and many movies were filmed there.
Some cities are known for their famous landmarks, like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
What kind of cartoon city will you draw? With this easy city for kids outline, you can draw a real place or dream up a city of your very own.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Road, Statue of Liberty, and Desert.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy City for Kids
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy City for Kids for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy city for kids outline by drawing a car. For each wheel, draw a circle inside a circle. Draw a roughly rectangular shape around the wheels. Then, use curved lines to trace the body of the cartoon car.
Easy Easy City for Kids Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a half-circle for the headlight and geometric shapes for the windows and doors. Then, draw a bus. Again, draw circles for the wheels with a rectangle around them. Then, enclose the mostly rectangular shape of the van's body.
Easy Easy City for Kids Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a horizontal line just above the top of the car. This is the horizon line - the ground as well as the side of the street.
Then, draw lines on the road, as well as a crosswalk. Use rectangle shapes. Finally, detail the bus with square windows, round hubcaps, and a half-circle headlight.
Easy Easy City for Kids Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a traffic light and trees on the side of the road. For each object, use a pair of vertical lines for the trunk or pole. For the trees, enclose a cloudlike canopy on top.
For the traffic light, enclose a rectangular shape. Draw three circles within it and three semicircles on each side.
Easy Easy City for Kids Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the buildings. For one, use a trapezoid for the roof and a rectangle for the facade. Decorate it with rectangular windows and doors. For the other, draw a narrow rectangle roof and a four-sided front.
Easy Easy City for Kids Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw more buildings. The short building is a rectangle with rectangular windows. For the tall building, stack three rectangles on top of one another, followed by a triangle. Decorate the largest rectangle with yet another rectangle and vertical lines.
Easy Easy City for Kids Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a half trapezoid on top of the shortest building. Draw a parallel shape inside it, and band it with vertical lines. Do the same to the second level of the tall building. Draw yet another building, stacking rectangles on top of one another. Detail the front with square windows.
Add More Details to Your Easy City for Kids Picture - Step 8
8. Draw even more buildings in the distance. For the nearest buildings, stack different sizes of rectangles and give them a variety of windows. For those farther away, create simple geometric shapes using straight lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy City for Kids Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy city for kids outline by drawing fluffy clouds in the sky. Don't forget to draw the helicopter!
Use an oval for its body, a circle for its rear propeller, and triangles for its primary propellers. Connect them all with curved lines.
Color Your Easy City for Kids Drawing
Color your cartoon city.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy City for Kids Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).