Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Moon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Moon.
Can you see the moon when you look at the sky at night? Its comforting presence is always near with the help of this cartoon moon drawing guide.
The moon's shape changes during its monthly cycle. These are called phases of the moon. In this drawing, it is shaped like a banana or crescent.
Sometimes, it becomes a narrow sliver. You can learn how to draw a narrow crescent moon, complete with a face like this one.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
At other times, the moon is full, a complete circle. Check out this full-moon drawing guide.
Sometimes, a cartoon moon like this one is part of a sun-and-moon symbol. You can learn how to draw a sun and moon together.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Moon
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Moon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon moon outline by drawing its eye. Use four curved lines to create the rectangle shape. Notice that the lines overlap at the corners.
Easy Cartoon Moon Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line above the eye to indicate the lid. Inside the eye, draw an oval within an oval. Shade between them to indicate the pupil.
Easy Cartoon Moon Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long curved line and double it back upon itself, forming the moon's nose. Note that the line forms a slight spiral at the nostril.
Easy Cartoon Moon Drawing - Step 4
4. Use three curved lines to form the remaining eye, its rectangular shape partially hidden by the nose. Inside it, draw an oval shape with a smaller oval inside it. Shade between them to indicate the pupil.
Easy Cartoon Moon Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved line above the eye to indicate the lid. Then, use curved lines that meet on the ends to enclose crescent shapes above each eye. These are the eyebrows.
Easy Cartoon Moon Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the moon's smiling mouth. Use a wide curved line for the smile. Draw a short line at the corner, and another to form the front of the lip. Texture the lower lip with another short line.
Easy Cartoon Moon Drawing - Step 7
7. Use two long curved lines to enclose the moon's overall crescent shape. Notice that one line appears to pass behind the nose and eye.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Moon Picture - Step 8
8. Texture the moon with craters. Draw a small oval and a "C" shaped line. Draw another "C" shaped line inside the first.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Moon Drawing - Step 9
9. Add more "C" shaped craters to the moon's surface.
Color Your Cartoon Moon Drawing
Your cartoon moon is now complete. How should you color it? Depending on how the light from the sun reflects on its surface, the moon can appear white, yellow, orange, blue, or even red.
For more great easy space drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy How to Draw Space Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Moon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).