Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Rock with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Rock.
In a hit Disney movie, Pocahontas once sang, "I know every rock and tree and creature has a life, has a spirit, has a name." You can rock out with this friendly cartoon rock drawing with a face!
And, if you want to draw Pocahontas too, you will find her here.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This rock consists of many curved lines. It is easy to draw - simply follow the steps, adding the new blue lines visible in each.
Did you know? Decades ago "pet rocks" were popular for a short time. Now you can have a pet rock, too! Will you name him Rocky?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Rock
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Rock for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon rock outline by drawing two straight lines for the cheeks and enclosing a partial oval above each one. These are the character's eyes.
Easy Cartoon Rock Drawing - Step 2
2. Shade a small oval within each eye to indicate the pupils. Then, draw two sets of straight lines between the eyes. Then, draw additional straight lines jutting out at opposing angles. This begins the character's nose.
Easy Cartoon Rock Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose two curved shapes, one above each eye. Use a curved and a straight line for each, and allow them to meet at points on each end. Then, use a long curved line for the mouth. Notice the curvature at each corner.
Easy Cartoon Rock Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long curved line to enclose the open, smiling mouth of the rock character. Draw additional curved lines on each side of the mouth to detail the teeth and below it to contour the chin.
Easy Cartoon Rock Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing the basic outline of the rock, using a long curved line.
Easy Cartoon Rock Drawing - Step 6
6. Continue the line outlining the rock. Enclose an irregular shape on one side of the "head" to give the character a three-dimensional appearance.
Easy Cartoon Rock Drawing - Step 7
7. Connect the open edges of the outline with a long curved line.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Rock Picture - Step 8
8. Use a series of straight lines to enclose a diamond shape on one side of the rock. Draw a wavy, zigzag line across the other side. Contour the edge with a curved line.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Rock Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw other smaller rocks around the character, erasing as necessary. Use curved lines to enclose the stones, and short lines to contour within them.
Color Your Cartoon Rock Drawing
Your cartoon rock outline is now complete. Color your character. We've shaded our rock gray, a common color for stone. Other colors include brown, tan, or reddish. You might even turn your rock into a rare find like black and white marble.
For more great cute cartoon drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy How to Draw Cute Cartoons Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Rock Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).