Learn how to draw a great looking Cute Cartoon Eyes with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cute Cartoon Eyes.
Large eyes are commonly found in the Japanese anime art style. Learn how to draw cute cartoon eyes so that you can master the basics.
Cartoon eyes are one of the easiest things to draw when you study anime art. They're made of large ovals with bright irises and bold eyelashes. Once you've mastered this guide, you can draw them on your own without help.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
These cute cartoon eyes have thick outlines. You can fill them in with your pen or use a tool, such as an ink pen or paint brush, to draw the large pupils and swooping eyelashes. Place cardboard or newspaper underneath the page if you use ink so that it doesn't bleed through.
What mood does this drawing convey? Large eyes typically look cute and cheerful and appear on young, innocent characters. Try adjusting the lines to make the eyes look sad, surprised or angry.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Cute Cartoon Eyes
How to Draw a Great Looking Cute Cartoon Eyes for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Sketch a large oval with a curve on the bottom.
Easy Cute Cartoon Eyes Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curve inside this shape to make a semi-oval. Repeat the previous step on the right with a flipped image.
Easy Cute Cartoon Eyes Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch another large semi-oval inside the shape on the right. Draw a smaller oval inside with two circles cut out of the shape. This adds highlights to the pupil.
Easy Cute Cartoon Eyes Drawing - Step 4
4. Repeat the previous step for the left eye. Sketch a thick wing shape on top like eyeliner.
Easy Cute Cartoon Eyes Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two more thick wing shapes like feathers on the left.
Easy Cute Cartoon Eyes Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two wing shapes facing the opposite direction on the right eye. Make the shapes curvy and flowing.
Easy Cute Cartoon Eyes Drawing - Step 7
7. Add the third eyelash on the right, then sketch two triangles beneath the left eye.
Add More Details to Your Cute Cartoon Eyes Picture - Step 8
8. Repeat the previous step on the right eye. Draw a dash above each eye.
Complete the Outline of Your Cute Cartoon Eyes Drawing - Step 9
9. Outline thick eyebrows above your cute cartoon eyes.
Color Your Cute Cartoon Eyes Drawing
Use black to outline your entire drawing. Fill in the eyelashes, eyebrows and pupils with black, then color the irises with your favorite shades. Common eye colors include green, blue and brown, but cartoon eyes can be any shade.
You'll find eyes like these in other drawing guides, such as the anime girl in the rain tutorial. You can also learn how to draw an angry anime girl or check out the adult anime woman drawing guide. These easy step-by-step guides provide a starting point for you to draw your own characters.
For more great easy human body drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Human Body Drawings for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cute Cartoon Eyes Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).