Learn how to draw a great looking Cat in a Box with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cat in a Box.
This pretty kitty is easy to draw. The box is made of square and curved lines. Simple shapes make up the cat as well. The head, eyes, and nose, for example, are ovals, and the ears are rounded triangles. You will use curved lines to fill in the rest.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Want to draw more cute and funny cats? You can learn how to draw this cat in clothes.
We've made the cat in our illustration orange with stripes. You can also draw a detailed orange tabby cat with the help of this tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cat in a Box
How to Draw a Great Looking Cat in a Box for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Use straight lines to draw three sides of a square, leaving the top open for now. Then, use overlapping curved lines to enclose the cat's paw.
Easy Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the remaining paw, again using curved lines. Then, complete the square front of the box. Use straight lines that pass behind the cat's paws.
Easy Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the cat's eye. Start with a curved line, then enclose a partial oval above it. Enclose two more ovals inside the first. Shade the mid sized oval to indicate the pupil of the eye.
Easy Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the remaining eye, again using a curved line and a series of successively smaller ovals. Then, draw the nose between the eyes. It is roughly oval-shaped, but with a slight point at the bottom.
Easy Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to sketch the eyebrows, the rounded "W" shaped mouth, and the chin.
Easy Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend curved lines upward from the paws, outlining the sides of the face. Then use curved lines to draw the rounded triangular ears. The base of each ear should overlap the side of the face.
Easy Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 7
7. Connect the ears with a curved line, enclosing the top of the head. Then, detail inside each ear with a series of curved lines that meet at jagged, furry points.
Add More Details to Your Cat in a Box Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose rounded shapes on the top of the head and the cheeks using connected "U" shaped lines. These are the cat's stripes. From the cheeks, extend straight lines to form the whiskers.
Complete the Outline of Your Cat in a Box Drawing - Step 9
9. Don't forget to finish the box! Use curved lines that double back upon themselves to draw the flaps on each side. Connect them at the top using straight lines that seem to pass behind the cat's head.
Color Your Cat in a Box Drawing
Your cat is a box drawing is now complete. Color your kitten - we've shaded ours orange, cream, and brown in marmalade style. But you could use shades of gray to make yours a classic tabby or use white, black, and orange to make it a calico.
For more great cat drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Cat Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cat in a Box Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).