Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Skateboard with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Skateboard.
You can shred in your sketchbook and practice rad tricks when you learn how to draw a cartoon skateboard.
Skateboards are not hard to draw. The board and hardware can be made from curved lines, and the wheels are layered ovals. The flames drawing that decorates the top of the board consists of curved lines that meet at points.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Skateboarding and drawing are a lot alike, actually - they both take practice and are a lot of fun!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Skateboard
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Skateboard for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon skateboard outline by drawing a curved line that doubles back upon itself. This is the upturned front of the skateboard deck.
Easy Cartoon Skateboard Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue the line and double it back on itself once again to fully enclose the shape of the skateboard deck.
Easy Cartoon Skateboard Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue the overlapping top line of the front of the board to detail the side in three dimensions. Then, draw another curved line parallel to the front of the board. Begin the wheel by drawing a narrow oval beneath the board.
Easy Cartoon Skateboard Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a smaller oval within the oval. Then, draw a larger oval around it. This one should be slightly flattened on the top and bottom. Next, connect the wheel to the bottom of the board with a curved line.
Easy Cartoon Skateboard Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to outline the "T" shaped truck or axle beneath the board. Then, enclose the oval of a wheel around the opposite side of it.
Easy Cartoon Skateboard Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a larger, slightly flattened oval around the smaller one to complete the second wheel. Draw a straight line from the bottom of the board to the truck. Then, begin a third wheel by drawing a narrow oval.
Easy Cartoon Skateboard Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a small oval inside the previous one and a larger, flattened oval around it. Connect it to the board with a pair of curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Skateboard Picture - Step 8
8. Outline flames on top of the board. Use a series of curved lines that meet at sharp points.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Skateboard Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose multi-pointed shapes within the flames, roughly parallel to the flame outline.
Color Your Cartoon Skateboard Drawing
Your cartoon skateboard outline is now complete. Use markers or colored pencils to shade your board in your favorite colors.
Drawing challenge: Can you replace the flames on top of the board with some other decoration?
For more great easy things drawing tutorials, see the collection of Cute Easy Things Drawing Ideas..
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Skateboard Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).