Learn how to draw a great looking Confused Anime Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Confused Anime Face.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"Confusion" has been defined as "the quality or state of being bewildered or unclear." You can learn how to draw a confused anime face with the help of this anime and manga cartoon drawing tutorial.
In anime and manga drawings, symbols are often used to indicate emotions. Hearts, of course, denote love or infatuation.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Lighting bolts, flames, or jagged lines could mean anger. And a dark cloudlike squiggle above the head or coming from the mouth can symbolize sadness or frustration.
Confusion is often symbolized by replacing the character's normal anime eyes with a spiral pattern.
In some contexts - for example, in the Pokémon franchise - this can also indicate conditions such as hypnosis, poisoning, or a knockout. (See Easy Pokémon Drawing Tutorials.)
Don't let all this information confuse you! Drawing your anime character is simple.
All you will need is a pen or pencil. Then, you can color your completed drawing.
Learn more about How to Draw Anime and Manga Facial Expressions or How to Draw an Angry Anime Girl.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Confused Anime Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Confused Anime Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the eyes. Draw two spiral curved lines. Above them, use two thick curved lines that meet at a point to outline the eyebrows.
Easy Confused Anime Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw curved lines above the eyes to indicate the wrinkled brow. Use a short line for the nose. Outline the downturned mouth with curved lines, and use additional curved lines to indicate the teeth and tongue.
Easy Confused Anime Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw locks of hair falling across the face. Use two curved lines for each. Also, draw the chin and cheeks using curved lines that meet at a gentle point.
Easy Confused Anime Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw more hair falling across the forehead, erasing as necessary. Use two curved lines for each lock, and allow the lines to meet at sharp points.
Easy Confused Anime Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw more locks of hair. Notice how one of the locks alongside the face crosses behind a previous lock. Begin to draw the hair on top of the head, allowing lines to meet at a point on each end.
Easy Confused Anime Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw overlapping curved lines that meet at sharp points to continue drawing the hair on one side of the head.
Easy Confused Anime Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Complete the hair on the opposite side of the head. Use pairs of lines that meet at sharp points. Texture the hair with additional curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Confused Anime Face Picture - Step 8
8. Outline the neck using curved lines. Draw the collar of the garment using a "U" shaped line. Then, complete the hair at the back of the neck. Again, use pairs of lines that meet at jagged points.
Complete the Outline of Your Confused Anime Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the remaining side of the collar using a "U" shaped line. Then, use curved lines to outline the shoulders and sleeve of the blouse. Draw a circle beneath the collar to indicate a button.
Color Your Confused Anime Face Drawing
Color your confused anime girl.
For more easy anime drawing guides, see How to Draw an Anime Girl Eating and 31 Easy Anime Drawings.
You can also take a look at our all anime guides page for unique anime characters to draw.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Confused Anime Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).