Draw a great looking Cute Chibi Pikachu Pokémon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
With millions of fans across the globe, Pokémon is one of the most famous cartoon franchises of all time.
The Pokémon franchise features hundreds of different creatures that their trainers catch and use to battle each other. You can play the video game or collect trading cards to collect your own set of Pokémon at home.
Pikachu is the most famous Pokémon of all time due to his importance in the main storyline. While Pikachu is already cute, drawing him in the famous chibi art style makes him even cuter.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Chibi is a Japanese art style that is characterized by big heads, big eyes and small, stubby limbs. Many artists use the chibi art style to add their own twist on the classic Pokémon designs.
With this art guide, you can draw your own cartoon Pikachu in the famous chibi style. This guide is good for beginners because it involves curved lines that aren't complex or difficult to draw. You can start drawing cartoon Pikachus in the traditional art style after you've mastered this guide.
It might be tempting to start with a pen, but draw the original sketch with a pencil so you can erase any mistakes. Once you're done, you can outline the entire drawing with a black pen or marker. Make sure you don't fill in the eyes entirely so you can still see the highlights.
This cartoon chibi Pikachu is the same color as the regular Pikachu, so get ready to break out your yellow crayons, colored pencils, pens, markers or paints.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cute Chibi Pikachu Pokémon
1. Start with two circles on the right. Add two more circles inside each shape for the highlights, then fill in the rest of the circles. Draw a small almond shape for the nose, and add a loose W-shape for the mouth.
2. Add a loop underneath the mouth. On the right, make a large swooping curve that ends in a point, then add another curve underneath to make the ear. Draw another curve for the side of the head.
3. For the top of the head, make a horizontal curve to form a dome shape. Add a large almond shape at the top for the right ear. Draw another curve on the right side of the face.
4. Draw a lightly curved line, then add three small bumps and sketch another line pointing upward.
5. Draw a similar shape for the left leg, then add a short line connecting the two.
6. Make a wide loop for the left side of the body, then add another loop inside this shape.
7. Draw a zigzag line on the left. On the right, start with a curved V-shape, then swoop down and connect the line to the body.
8. Use straight lines to complete the tail. Start with an L-shape on the left, make another line pointing downward, draw a V-shape and connect the entire shape to the body.
9. Draw two angled circles on both cheeks. Sketch two curved lines near the top of the ears, then add another small line for the chin.
10. Outline the entire drawing in black to complete your cartoon Pikachu.
Now that you've completed your chibi Pikachu, use yellow to color the entire body. Use black for the eyes, nose and tips of the ears. Add red for the cheeks and mouth, then use a darker shade of yellow to add shading to the drawing. Leave the highlights in the eyes white.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).