Learn how to draw a great looking Cute Pencil with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cute Pencil.
The pencil is a simple object with a very long history. The earliest pencils were used in ancient Rome, then known as styluses. The stylus was a thin metal rod that left a dark mark behind when pulled across papyrus, a plant-based sheet similar to paper.
Did you know that you won't find any lead in your pencil today? A carbon-based material called graphite is used instead. It became popular after the discovery of a large graphite deposit in England in 1564.
Graphite is soft and needs a wooden shaft to support it; thus, the pencil as we know it today was created. Why, then, do we call it a pencil lead? Some ancient styluses were made of lead, and the name continues to be used today.
Today, the pencil is often used as a symbol for education. It may be personified by adding a face of other features. The cute face on this drawing is reminiscent of characters such as Penny Pencil from the popular Shopkins toy line.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Pencils are also valued for their use in art. Pencil drawings by famous artists such as Leonardo da Vinci can be found in museums throughout the world. Just as a painter uses many sizes of brushes, artists can use pencils of various hardnesses.
The hardness of the pencil is determined by the amount of clay the graphite contains; harder pencils leave darker marks, while softer pencils leave light marks.
Would you like to ring in the new school by drawing your own school supplies? If so, this simple, step-by-step pencil drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a sheet of paper and - you guessed it - a pencil! This drawing is so easy to make you won't even need to use the eraser. After you are finished, why not color your drawing using colored pencils?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Pencil
How to Draw a Great Looking Cute Pencil for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing two slightly curved, vertical, parallel lines. These form the sides of the pencil.
Easy Cute Pencil Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw three horizontal, parallel curved lines at the top of the pencil. Connect the lines on each end using short, curved lines. This forms the ferrule, the crimped piece of metal that that holds the eraser on the pencil.
Easy Cute Pencil Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long, curved line to enclose the shape of the eraser.
Easy Cute Pencil Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose the bottom of the pencil using a series of jagged, "V" shaped lines. This is called the collar bottom, formed by sharpening the pencil.
Easy Cute Pencil Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a "V" shaped line at the bottom of the pencil, forming the collar, or wooden tip of the pencil. Draw a straight line across the bottom of the collar, and shade beneath it. The line is the collar top, or the boundary between the collar and the graphite used for writing. The shaded portion forms the graphite tip.
Easy Cute Pencil Drawing - Step 6
6. Take the cuteness factor up a notch by giving this pencil a smiling face. Draw two ovals to form the eyes. Within each eye, draw a smaller oval, and a tiny circle within it. Shade between the circle and the oval, forming the pupil. Then, use a "U" shaped line and a straight line to form the mouth. Draw a curved line through the mouth and shade above it, indicating the tongue.
Easy Cute Pencil Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw curved, vertical lines along the eraser and the point of the pencil.
Add More Details to Your Cute Pencil Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a "V" shaped line on each side of the pencil to form the arms. At the bottom of each arm, enclose the irregular shape of the hands.
Complete the Outline of Your Cute Pencil Drawing - Step 9
9. Decorate your pencil by drawing straight, diagonal lines across it
Color Your Cute Pencil Drawing
Color you pencil.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Drawing Ideas Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cute Pencil Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).