Learn how to draw a great looking Doctor with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Doctor drawing.
Doctors are also known as physicians and medical practitioners. Doctors care for the sick and injured, diagnose illnesses, and prescribe treatments.
Doctors may specialize in a certain type of medicine, for example, cancer or brain surgery.
Because of their necessity in the course of life, doctors are often found in art. Fine art examples include the painting The Doctor by Luke Fildes, and a number of works by Norman Rockwell, includingDoctor and the Doll< and Before the Shot.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Doctors are also prominent in popular culture. Many movies, books, and television series include a doctor from time to time, and some stories even center around the medical profession.
Would you like to draw a cartoon doctor? The doctor is in, and so is this easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a a Doctor
How to Draw a Great Looking Doctor for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the eyes. Use curved lines to outline the rounded shape of the eyes, as well as the eyelids and the eyebrows. Within each eye, draw a circle within a circle. Shade between them to indicate the pupil.
Easy Doctor Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline the hair on each side of the face. Notice the overlapping lines that add to the texture of the hair. Then draw a long curved line between the hair to form the chin, and use a short line for the ear. Use curved lines to outline the smiling mouth and lips.
Easy Doctor Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a series of long and short curved lines to outline the doctor's hair. Notice that the bangs in front form a separate section, almost completely separate from the rest of the hair. Also, note the gentle upturned points at the bottom of the hair. Then, texture the hair with curved lines.
Easy Doctor Drawing - Step 4
4. Outline the neck with curved lines. Then, outline the collar of the lab coat by drawing large and small curved triangles. Extend curved lines from the collar to outline the shoulders.
Easy Doctor Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the stethoscope, erasing as necessary. Draw pairs of lines descending from the ears and forming a curved "Y" shape. Connect the lines at the end, and band the instrument with lines halfway between the ears and shoulders.
Easy Doctor Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw an oval within an oval at the end of the tube to form the bell and diaphragm. Draw another curved line across one side of the listening device to give it a three-dimensional appearance. Then, use curved lines to sketch the hand, and pairs of lines to draw the upper and lower arm.
Easy Doctor Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to sketch the remaining sleeve and hand. Note the lines indicating folds in the fabric at the shoulder and elbow.
Add More Details to Your Doctor Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a rectangle within a rectangle passing behind the hand and arm. This is the doctor's clipboard. Draw a small "C" shape at the top to indicate the clip. Then, draw pairs of long curved lines to outline the sides of the lab coat, and connect them at the bottom.
Complete the Outline of Your Doctor Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line between the sides of the lab coat to indicate the bottom of the shirt. Sketch the pants using curved lines and an inverted "V" shaped line, connected at the bottom. Use curved lines to enclose the irregular shape of the shoes.
Color Your Doctor Drawing
Color your cartoon doctor.
You can use your drawing to thank a health care professional for their hard work and sacrifice. Don't forget to wash your hands!
Doctor Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).