Learn how to draw a great looking Yoga Pose with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Yoga Pose.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Exercising and stretching are vital to good health. Many turn to yoga for exercise, pain relief, and peace of mind. Have you ever done yoga? You can learn how to draw a yoga pose with the help of this cartoon yoga drawing tutorial.
What is yoga? The term is derived from a Sanskrit word meaning "to yoke" or "union." Yoga is not just a type of exercise, however. It is a philosophy or way of thinking about the world closely linked with the Hindu religion.
One expert described it this way: “The chief aim of the Yoga philosophy is to teach the means by which the human soul may be completely united with the Supreme Spirit.”
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Yoga originated around two thousand years ago in India. The Hindu deity Shiva, the "lord of Yogis," is said to have created the 84 postures or poses used in yoga.
Some people believe that yoga can release hidden talents or "superpowers" within the practitioner, including extrasensory perception, invisibility, or levitation. In India, it is not uncommon for people in a yoga trance to walk on nails or hot coals.
A person who practices yoga, like the girl in our cartoon, is called a Yogi. Her pose is known as Sukhasana Artistic renderings of people in yoga positions have been found in the Indus Valley dating as far back as the second and third millennium B.C.E.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Person Running, Baseball Player, and Basketball Player.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Yoga Pose
How to Draw a Great Looking Yoga Pose for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the features of the girl’s face. Enclose the double-pointed eyes using curved lines. Shade a circle within each to indicate the pupils. Then, use curved lines to sketch the eyelids, nose, and open, smiling mouth.
Easy Yoga Pose Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the chin, ears, hair, and eyebrow using curved lines.
Easy Yoga Pose Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend two short lines below the head to form the neck, and use long curved lines to outline the hair. From the neck, draw another long curved line to begin the shoulder and arm. Draw another line and double it back upon itself to form the side of the hand and the thumb.
Easy Yoga Pose Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long curved line to complete the arm. Then, draw the hand, fingers, and details of the palm using overlapping curved lines.
Easy Yoga Pose Drawing - Step 5
5. Begin drawing the opposite arm, a mirror image of the first. Use a long curved line for the shoulder and arm, and shorter overlapping lines for the thumb and fingers.
Easy Yoga Pose Drawing - Step 6
6. Complete the remaining arm and hand using a long curved line and overlapping curved lines. Then, draw a “U” shaped line at the base of the neck to indicate the neck of the garment. Detail the collar bones using short curved lines.
Easy Yoga Pose Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to outline the sleeves, chest, torso, and upper leg.
Add More Details to Your Yoga Pose Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a series of curved lines to complete the lower leg and foot.
Complete the Outline of Your Yoga Pose Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a curved line at the bottom of the torso to indicate the bottom of the shirt. Complete the remaining leg and foot using a series of overlapping curved lines.
Color Your Yoga Pose Drawing
Color your cartoon of a girl doing yoga. What will she wear, and what is the color of her hair? the choice is yours.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Yoga Pose Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).