Learn how to draw a great looking Stethoscope with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Stethoscope.
The stethoscope or phonendoscope is a medical instrument used to listen to the sounds produced inside the body, typically those of the heart and lungs but sometimes the intestines or blood flow.
Listening to these sounds is known as "auscultation." The stethoscope was first invented in 1816.
In popular culture, stethoscopes are used as a symbol of doctors and the medical profession. TV doctors are often recognized by their white coats and the stethoscope draped around their necks.
Doctors-in-training, such as Dottie "Doc" McStuffins from the Disney animated series, also wear and use stethoscopes - though her toy version is made from pink plastic.
Did you know? Mechanics sometimes use a type of stethoscope to listen to the internal sounds of a machine, such as an automobile engine.
Like a doctor's stethoscope, the mechanic uses this device to detect and diagnose mechanical problems.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The nearly heart-shaped curvature of the stethoscope is often utilized to show appreciation for the hard work that nurses do.
Would you like to draw a cartoon stethoscope? This easy, step-by-step cartoon object drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Stethoscope
How to Draw a Great Looking Stethoscope for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a curved line like one side of a heart.
Easy Stethoscope Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another curved line mirroring the first. Notice the near heart-shape that is formed, but that does not connect at the top. These will form the ear tubes of the stethoscope's headset.
Easy Stethoscope Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a long curved line descending from the headset. This forms the tubing that connects the bell or chest piece.
Easy Stethoscope Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a small rectangle with rounded corners at the top of the ear tube. This is called the earpiece.
Easy Stethoscope Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a second earpiece opposite the first. Again, draw a small rectangle with rounded corners.
Easy Stethoscope Drawing - Step 6
6. Erase a portion of the tubing where the ear tubes form a "Y" shape. Then, use curved lines to enclose a thick "Y" shape in its place.
Easy Stethoscope Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a circle at the end of the tubing. This forms the drum or chest piece.
Add More Details to Your Stethoscope Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a smaller circle within the drum, indicating the bell and completing the chest piece.
Complete the Outline of Your Stethoscope Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a pair of curved lines between the "Y" shaped portion of the stethoscope. This is called the binaural spring.
Color Your Stethoscope Drawing
Color your stethoscope. Then check out our cartoon people drawing guides to select your doctors, nurses, or patients.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Step-by-Step Really Easy Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Stethoscope Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).