Learn how to draw a great looking Dog House with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Dog House.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Joke of the day: What do dogs and their dog houses have in common? They both have a roof!
Would you like to learn how to draw a dog house? This easy cartoon drawing tutorial will soon help you master the dog house outline.
Dog houses are just that - houses built for dogs. They are also called dogsheds or kennels.
They afford dogs a sense of security and protection from the weather, much as do the dens of the domestic dog's wild cousin.
Dog Houses are often built to resemble a small human home.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What does it mean to be "in the doghouse?" People use this phrase to mean that someone is in trouble - so much trouble that they've been kicked out of their own house and must sleep outside with the dog!
Most dogs live in a doghouse, but can you think of one that likes to sleep on top of his dog house?
It's Snoopy, of course! He can even fly his doghouse like an airplane - at least in his dreams. See this drawing guide to learn to how to draw Snoopy.
For more easy and fun guides, see the How to Draw an Angry Dog or Dog Head Drawing tutorials.
See also, Beginner's Guide to Drawing a Wolf Head.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Dog House
How to Draw a Great Looking Dog House for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the dog house outline by drawing the roof. Use curved lines to outline a four-sided parallelogram shape, but don't let the lines connect in the upper corner. Instead, extend another curved line from that corner to form the other side of the roof.
Easy Dog House Drawing - Step 2
2. Complete the side of the roof with a long curved line. Give the opposite side a three-dimensional appearance by drawing long lines parallel to the sides, and a short line at the corner.
Then, outline a rectangle shape below the roof. Notice how one line doesn't quite touch the others. Then, draw a curved line to form the opposite side of the house's front.
Easy Dog House Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a horizontal line between the eaves of the roof. Then, draw a large inverted "U" shaped line to form the door. Attach it to the sides of the house with straight lines.
Then, draw a curved line inside the "U" and parallel to its side to give the doorway a three-dimensional appearance. Draw two connected lines inside the house to outline the bottom of the wall.
Easy Dog House Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw another "U" shaped line to outline the doorway. Then, detail the house with parallel horizontal lines to give it the texture of wooden planks.
Easy Dog House Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a dog bone sign hanging above the door. Draw a small circle above it for the nail, and connect it with two straight lines for the string.
Easy Dog House Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw grass growing around the dog house, erasing as necessary. For each tuft of grass, draw several "U" shaped lines or short curved lines that meet at points.
Easy Dog House Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the dog's food bowl outside the house. Use curved lines to outline the bowl. Notice how the lines of the rim of the bowl overlap the sides. Then, use a series of curved lines to draw the dog food or kibble.
Add More Details to Your Dog House Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a curved line across the top of the bowl to further outline the rim, and texture the dog food with short curved lines. Then, draw the dog a tennis ball to play with. First, draw a circle. Then, draw two curved lines across it.
Complete the Outline of Your Dog House Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your dog house outline by adding a few more details. Draw curved lines across the roof to indicate wooden boards. Draw small circles at the edges of the boards to indicate nails.
Color Your Dog House Drawing
Color your cartoon dog house. We've made ours brown, the color of wood, and given it a red roof.
For more easy, cartoony drawing tutorials, see the collection of Learn How to Draw Cute Cartoons Quickly.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Guides to Drawing Dogs with Simple Tutorials page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Dog House Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).