Learn how to draw a great looking Angry Dog with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Angry Dog drawing.
Would you like to learn how to draw an angry dog? Grab your pencils and put on your best snarling face.
This easy, step-by-step canine drawing tutorial will help you master the angry dog outline.
Angry dogs are instantly recognizable. They may growl, bark, or snarl.
The hair on their backs stands up straight. This is called raising their hackles.
They may pull back their lips so that their teeth and gums show.
You definitely don't want to pet an angry dog!
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The type of dog depicted in this illustration is a bulldog. His angry face resembles cartoon characters like Hector and Spike, bulldogs from the Looney Tunes, when angered by Sylvester the cat.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Angry Dog
How to Draw a Great Looking Angry Dog for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin your angry dog outline by drawing the eyes. Outline the brow and cheek above and below each eye using long curved lines. Then, use shorter curved lines to make two partial circles between them. Shade a small half-circle within each eye to indicate the pupil.
Easy Angry Dog Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the rounded triangular shape of the nose. Draw curved lines beside it and a rounded "W" below it to form the mouth. Detail the furrowed brow with more curved lines.
Easy Angry Dog Drawing - Step 3
3. Use long curved lines to outline the top and bottom of the large, open mouth. Then, draw the curved triangular teeth.
Easy Angry Dog Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of "U" shaped lines to draw more teeth inside the mouth.
Easy Angry Dog Drawing - Step 5
5. Use more "U" shaped lines to outline the roots of the teeth where they meet the gums. Then, use curved lines to draw the lower lip, the chin, the brow, and the top of the head.
Easy Angry Dog Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the angry bulldog's ear. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to draw the ear and the side of the face.
Easy Angry Dog Drawing - Step 7
7. Use long curved lines to draw the jowls or cheeks. Then, sketch the remaining ear.
Add More Details to Your Angry Dog Picture - Step 8
8. This cartoon bulldog wears a classic spiked collar. Use curved lines to enclose the top, bottom, and sides of the collar. Then, draw round and triangular shapes to indicate the metal spikes.
Complete the Outline of Your Angry Dog Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your angry dog outline by drawing more spikes on the collar and detail the face. Contour the cheeks and above the brow with curved lines. Between the nose and mouth, draw several small dots.
Color Your Angry Dog Drawing
Color your cartoon of an angry dog. We've shaded ours in grey and given him a red collar.
For more easy dog drawing guides, take a look at this sitting cartoon dog drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Angry Dog Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).