Learn how to draw a great looking Fairy Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Fairy Face.
Fairies are mythological creatures that writers and artists depict in dozens of different ways. Learn how to draw a fairy face so you can go on your own adventures.
Some myths depict fairies as mischievous creatures that people try to avoid. In modern times, artists often portray fairies as tiny women with wings and dresses, like Tinkerbell.
Cartoon fairies often help humans when they go on magical journeys.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This cartoon fairy is friendly and helpful, although you could make her more mischievous when you create your own stories.
Give her a romantic partner, or ask her to travel by your side. When you're done, you could draw a background like a forest or flower garden.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Fairy Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Fairy Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Sketch curved lines to make lemon shapes for the eyes. Draw a circle inside each eye, then add a smaller circle inside each shape and fill in the pupil around it. Add a curve above each eye.
For more practice, learn how to draw a basic face.
Easy Fairy Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Use thicker curves for the eyebrows. Use curvy triangles to make wing shapes on either side of the eyes, then sketch a long hook and a smaller hook for the nose.
Easy Fairy Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Underneath the nose, draw an uneven line.
Then sketch two hills on top and a single curve on the bottom, like you're drawing a regular woman's face. Sketch the bottom half of a heart shape to complete the head.
Easy Fairy Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Similar to a cartoon fairy, draw loose, sketchy lines like flames for the hair. To draw the ear, sketch a rounded triangle that ends in a sharp point. Add sketchy lines inside the ear for depth.
Easy Fairy Face Drawing - Step 5
5. On top of the head, draw a round shape like a mushroom cap. Use more curved lines to make a narrow tube, then sketch the rest of the hair like you did in the previous step. Add swirly lines inside the hat.
Outline the neck with two uneven lines that point diagonally at the bottom.
Easy Fairy Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Make two loops for the shoulders. Sketch large teardrop shapes for the chest, then straight lines to complete the right arm and body.
Easy Fairy Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw more loose flame-like shapes to outline the hair, then add a few more lines to the body.
Add More Details to Your Fairy Face Picture - Step 8
8. On the right, start with a tall diagonal line that becomes a hill, then sketch smaller uneven hills until you reach the bottom. Add more sketchy lines to complete the hair.
Complete the Outline of Your Fairy Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the cartoon wings with more wavy lines and teardrop shapes.
Color Your Fairy Face Drawing
Finally, outline your cartoon fairy face with black, then color the clothing green and the wings different shades of blue. Use pink for the lips and orange for the hair.
Complete your cartoon drawing with your favorite skin tone.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Fairy Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).