Learn how to draw a great looking Tinkerbell with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Tinkerbell.
"Think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings."
- Tinker Bell
What is a pixie? In English folklore, a pixie or pixy was thought to be a "tiny elf like spirit or mischievous fairy dressed in green who dances in the moonlight to the music of frogs and crickets."
They liked to play tricks on people, confuse them, blow out candles, and make noises in homes or in water.
The word "pixilated" originally described "a person who becomes lost on a familiar road," presumably because of the pranks of a pixie.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Tinker Bell originally debuted in the 1904 children's story Peter Pan, which follows the adventures of children who venture to a land where you never have to grow up.
Tinker Bell's "pixie dust" enabled the children to fly. The story became a classic Disney animated film in 1953.
Since then, Tinker Bell has starred in books, movies, animated cartoon series, and merchandise. Along with Mickey Mouse, she serves as the mascot of Disney.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of the spunky Tinker Bell? You can learn to do just that by following the step-by-step instructions in this drawing tutorial.
You will need a pencil and an eraser, and perhaps crayons, markers, or colored pencils with which to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Tinker Bell
How to Draw a Great Looking Tinkerbell for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will become the fairy's face.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another, smaller circle overlapping the first. This, too, will serve as a guide in drawing Tinkerbell's face.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line below the smaller circle. Then, draw another curved line below it.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two circles, one attached to the curved line of the shoulder and one below it. These should be slightly larger than the primary circle of the head. This will aid you in outlining Tinker Bell's body.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a pair of curved lines, crossing each other in an "X" shape. The tops of the lines should overlap the lowest circle. Draw two small, overlapping circles just below the point where the lines cross. These will help you to sketch Tinker Bell's legs and knees.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw curved lines descending from each side of the torso to begin sketching the arms. Draw a small circle in the middle of each to indicate the elbows.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw curved lines at the end of each arm to begin sketching the hands and fingers. Then, use curved lines to enclose a wavy triangle at the bottom of each leg, forming the feet.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw two curved lines that meet above the head, outlining an incomplete teardrop shape. This is Tinker Bell's hair. Then, enclose a partial circle above it, forming the bun.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines between the circles of the body. Extend the lines below the lower circle, and connect them with a curved line. This outlines the fairy's torso and skirt.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 10
10. Use curved lines to outline the front of the face and the neck. Draw the ear using a "C" shaped line.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 11
11. Draw a curved "M" shaped line across the top of the torso, outlining the neck of the garment. Draw a series of connected curved lines across the bottom of the skirt, giving it a ruffled edge. Erase as necessary.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 12
12. Use curved lines to contour the legs. Notice how the lines converge at the knee, and the shape of the thigh and calf muscles.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 13
13. Use curved lines to contour the shape of the arms. Notice the bulge of the muscles and the convergence of lines at the elbows and wrists.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 14
14. Use curved lines to trace the delicate fingers.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 15
15. Detail the hair, using a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 16
16. Erase all the guide lines, leaving a clean outline of the girl.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 17
17. Draw a circle on top of and a curved line across each foot. These outline the shoes.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 18
18. Turn the girl into a fairy by giving her wings. Extend two pairs of curved lines from the shoulders and allow them to meet at a sharp point. Below them, outline the lower wings with two "C" shaped lines.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 19
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 20
20. Use curved lines to texture the wings, dress, and knee.
Easy Tinkerbell Drawing - Step 21
21. Color your cartoon of Tinker Bell. She typically has blonde hair and a green dress.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tinkerbell Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).