Learn how to draw a great looking Father's Day Card with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Father's Day Card.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Do you need a Father's Day card in a hurry? You've come to the right place.
This easy, step-by-step Father’s Day card drawing tutorial will help you master the Father’s Day card outline in no time.
Father's Day "is a holiday of honoring fatherhood and paternal bonds, as well as the influence of fathers in society."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Since the Middle Ages, European countries celebrated Saint Joseph's Day, which honored Joseph, the adoptive father of Jesus, as well as fathers more generally.
In the United States, Father's Day was officially established in 1910. Countries and religions around the world also have traditions honoring fathers.
Many children give their dads cards and gifts for Father's Day. Others offer to do special chores, such as cutting the grass or washing the car.
Of course, you can be helpful, respectful, and obedient to your father all year long. This will show that you always love and appreciate him.
Are you ready to learn how to draw a Father’s Day card? Get your pencils, pens, crayons, markers, and colored pencils ready. It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Super Dad! Your dad is sure to love this handmade gift.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cartoon Scientist, Thinking Face, and The Police.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Father's Day Card
How to Draw a Great Looking Father's Day Card for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the Father’s Day card outline by drawing the cartoon dad. Use "C" shaped lines for the ears, and connect them using a curved line.
Use short curved lines to trace the eyes, eyebrows, and nose. Shade a small circle within each eye to indicate the pupils. Then, use curved lines that meet at points to draw the mustache.
Easy Father's Day Card Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of curved lines to draw the father's hair. Notice how some of the lines meet at points. Then, begin sketching the man's body.
Use short lines for the neck, and small triangles for the shirt collar. Start the shoulders and muscular arms using overlapping curved lines.
Easy Father's Day Card Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend two lines upward to form the forearm. Then, use overlapping lines to sketch the fist. Begin the remaining arm using overlapping curved lines.
Easy Father's Day Card Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose the torso using curved lines, including curved lines across the biceps that indicate the short sleeves.
Draw a curved line between the two sections of the shirt collar, then enclose a diamond shape beneath it to form the necktie. Use curved lines to complete the remaining hand and outline the pants leg.
Easy Father's Day Card Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw an "F" for "Father" on the necktie in a manner reminiscent of the Superman logo. Outline the remaining pants leg using long curved lines. Then, trace the irregular shapes of the shoes.
Easy Father's Day Card Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a banner beneath the father. First, use long curved lines to enclose a bent rectangle shape. Draw a "V" shaped line to one size, and connect it to the rectangle with curved lines. Then, enclose a partial circle around the man.
Easy Father's Day Card Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a "V" shaped line on the opposite side of the banner and connect it to the rectangle with curved lines. Then, draw hearts of different sizes all over the picture.
Add More Details to Your Father's Day Card Picture - Step 8
8. Write the word "Happy" in the largest of the hearts. Then, draw straight lines emanating outward from the circle.
Complete the Outline of Your Father's Day Card Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your Father’s Day card outline by writing the word "Father's" across the banner and "DAY" below it.
Color Your Father's Day Card Drawing
Color your cartoon Father’s Day card.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Father's Day Card Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).