Learn how to draw a great looking Police with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Police.
Law enforcement officers are often depicted in popular culture. Countless movies and television shows have centered around the life and work of real and fictional police officers.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of a police officer? This easy, step-by-step cartoon caricature drawing tutorial can show you how. What will you need? Only a sheet of paper and a pencil, pen, or marker, You may also wish to color your finished portrait.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Police
How to Draw a Great Looking Police for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the police officer's face. Use curved lines to trace the irregular rounded shape of the eyes, as well as the eyelids, nose, and smiling mouth. Shade a large circle within each eye to indicate the pupils.
Easy Police Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to outline the sides of the head, the ears, the cheeks, and the chin. Additionally, use short curved lines for the eyebrows and to contour the inside of the ears.
Easy Police Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to outline the hair, the bill of the hat, the hatband, and the crown of the police hat.
Easy Police Drawing - Step 4
4. Complete the outline of the police hat using a curved line. Then, draw an inverted curved triangle on the front of the hat. Next, use curved lines to draw the curved rectangular and triangular shapes of the shirt collar, enclosing the neck in the process. Use curved lines to draw the necktie and a curved line overlapping the shoulder. This line begins the officer's hand.
Easy Police Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to sketch the shield-like shape of the badge. Draw a large circle in the middle of the police badge, with a curved rectangle beneath it. Use curved lines to enclose the officer's fingers, as he is holding the badge.
Easy Police Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a five-pointed star within the circle in the middle of the badge. Then, use curved lines to sketch the officer's body - his torso, shoulder, arm, and hand. Note the curved line that distinguishes his belt.
Easy Police Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a square within a square to form the belt buckle. Draw a small oval overlapping the inner circle. Extend the belt using curved lines. Then, draw the circular shape of the handcuffs hanging from the belt. Note the bulge at the top of the circle and the curved line that gives them a three-dimensional appearance.
Add More Details to Your Police Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the other circular end of the handcuffs and complete the belt and torso. Use curved lines to begin sketching the leg, and the curved rectangular shape of the holster at the officer's hip.
Complete the Outline of Your Police Drawing - Step 9
9. Use curved lines to complete the outline of the pants and enclose the irregular shape of the shoes.
Color Your Police Drawing
Color your cartoon police officer. Most police sport blue uniforms, while sheriffs typically wear brown.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Cute People Drawing Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Police Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).